Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Aug 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ant family kent
Helping Donald

Ant family kent's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
BA Economy standard - Opinions please...

Never booked separately before so looking for opinions please. Looking to book BA Flydrive LGW to TPA Aug 2020, 3 ad 1c, have done a few dummy quotes. Have clicked on Economy standard prices- just wondered peoples opinions of this option? flights?
Ant family kent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Budmiester
Excited about Disney

I have found that BA economy is perfectly acceptable, reasonable legroom, food and drinks included as it's a long haul flight. Their prices for fly drive I find to be very good and if you join the BA Executive Club you get extra benefits for the car hire, 7 days for the price of 5 etc. As for flying into Tampa we've used it for the last few times and much prefer it to any of the Orlando airports.
Budmiester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
giggler
Excited about Disney

Done Ba Econ last year and tbh it was pretty good. the newer refurb plane on the way out was comfy and IFE was excellent.
The return was on a older model, can't say it was that great, but it got me home in one piece and it wouldn't stop me booking again.
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We've booked BA for our trip in Feb to New Orleans (picking up a Disney cruise - yay) and the reports on the plane we have are not good at all.

But, like has been said above, if it gets us there and back in one piece safely, I'm ok with that.

Luckily I'm short so leg room is never a big issue for me. My hubs is taller but at 5'9", it doesn't cause him big issues either.

I'm more worried about them adding more strikes personally!

Joa
Old 30 Aug 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
syber32
Serious Dibber

We flew back from Fort Lauderdale in BA economy last week. First time we have ever flown economy with BA, pleasantly surprised. Leg room was fine, seat was comfy. We had the last row of 2 so guilt free recline, didn't get bothered at all by the toilets. We actually got served our meal first not sure if that is standard (hadn't pre ordered or any dietary requirements). Inflight movies etc not a huge choice but we both found something to watch. Would definitely fly economy with them again. Oh food was fairly tasteless added plenty of salt but I always feel the food on the return leg is never as good.
syber32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ant family kent
Helping Donald

Ant family kent's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Can I ask did you all pay to pre book seats? Or is this included in the economy standard price..keep reading conflicting info..many thanks!
Ant family kent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

You pay to select your seats, the further back you go, the cheaper they are. We travelled as 3 adults this summer and chose not to prebook seats and we were seated together anyway. When I did online check in, I did move our seats on the way back as the seats we were given were right in front of the toilets. I think BA are pretty good with seating people together without paying.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List