Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Jan 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Thanks everyone, I’m trying to decide if we would be better using Uber/Lyft to do a supermarket shop on day one, use Angelbabe or hope this virgin lounge will be enough for breakfast- decisions decisions xx
I would go to Wholefoods or Walmart on Turkey lake- that’s what we did, we did but had a car. Get things like water, drinks, we even make up subs and take them into the parks- saves a fortune, but it’s our preference to eat healthier the main driver why we do it.
Old 17 Jan 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You’d have to take an Uber I think. Never bothered to go really, went to look at Endless Summer which is at the top, and it isn’t far.
When in the hotel there’s the restaurants there, the other Universal hotels, and you can walk straight into City Walk. You can get a taxi to the outlet mall area as well which isn’t far, and they’ve built opposite that now a few good restaurants like Bahama Breeze and Longhorn (went to both, drove about 10 mins). There’s also a Walmart, Wholefoods and restaurants on Turkey Lake Road which is close.
Great hotel the Aventura I’d definitely stay again, and I stayed in Hard Rock as well that trip.
Edit you may also be able to get the free bus from Volcano Bay to Endless Summer when VB is open I imagine - bus stop right at back of hotel. Endless Summer is right at the top of Idrive though.
Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
If you walk to main City walks entrance to Universal you can get the hotel bus to Endless Summer and I believe I drive is walkable from there.
Thank you. I don’t want to rely on hotel meals if expensive so access to I-Drive even by Uber is an option. We have discounted going to WDW resort now - well that’s today - this hotel will be on my list for 2021. I would like to go this September and still might if I can get a late deal and a farm sitter but I’m focusing on 2021 now. If I’m honest the hotels at US look far better than WDW especially the lower end. There’s always Rosen, so they are the two in the running but I like the idea of early park entrance into Universal, then back for a relax and or seaworld etc

Thanks that’s all been very helpful
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I would go to Wholefoods or Walmart on Turkey lake- that’s what we did, we did but had a car. Get things like water, drinks, we even make up subs and take them into the parks- saves a fortune, but it’s our preference to eat healthier the main driver why we do it.
Thanks YT, if we did that via Uber, do you think we’d be able to get WiFi in the store to book an Uber back to Aventura?
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Thanks YT, if we did that via Uber, do you think we’d be able to get WiFi in the store to book an Uber back to Aventura?
Yes in the Walmart there is a McDonalds with free wifi. I know because my kids are like free wifi sniffers and connected to it - and then unbelievably saw someone they knew from school also doing the same- this was this last summer. I also called in again at Xmas.
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Thank you. I don’t want to rely on hotel meals if expensive so access to I-Drive even by Uber is an option. We have discounted going to WDW resort now - well that’s today - this hotel will be on my list for 2021. I would like to go this September and still might if I can get a late deal and a farm sitter but I’m focusing on 2021 now. If I’m honest the hotels at US look far better than WDW especially the lower end. There’s always Rosen, so they are the two in the running but I like the idea of early park entrance into Universal, then back for a relax and or seaworld etc

Thanks that’s all been very helpful
I would highly recommend Aventura. It was very good indeed. If budget is tighter you could go for Endless Summer which is nice, but it is top end of International Drive and not in the manicured 'on site' area that Aventura is (I personally did not like the area it was in).
Aventura has a huge advantage in the boat access via Sapphire Falls (can also go in there to eat, use the pool- they share the same driveway so they are literally a couple of mins walk apart), Volcano Bay is literally at the back of the pool, and there is also walking path to the parks. If you look on here I posted a video of the walking path (its about 15 min walk) and also photos when I stayed but the best way if you don't want to walk is get the boat- you go through security before you leave, so avoid all that at the park and are dropped off within City Walk. Walking though is also good as there is a dedicated security which is never busy where you come out by the side of Margaritaville, instead of the main entrance.
Your meals at Avenytura could be had in the 'marketplace' where they have different stations- like a fancy quick serve, but very good for example with stir frys etc, or you could walk to Citywalk where there are excellent restaurants if you didn't want to go to iDrive.

Edited at 02:44 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

YT, could I ask a favour please? could you ask Mrs YT what the toiletries provided are like, shampoo and conditioner really, just wondering if I’ll need to take my own or if the provided ones are good?

Many thanks x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
big nelly
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

big nelly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Mobile

YT, could I ask a favour please? could you ask Mrs YT what the toiletries provided are like, shampoo and conditioner really, just wondering if I’ll need to take my own or if the provided ones are good?

Many thanks x
Hi. Sorry but I can help. Aventura hotel provide facial soap , body soap and 0% parabens shampoo and conditioner . We took shower gel but used their shampoo etc. and they were fine.

DLP 2005,2006 & 2018, 2009 Tuscan Hills, 2013 Vizcay, HRH & RPR, 2014 Southern Dunes, RPR & ASSports, 2016 Southern Dunes villa, AOA and PFB, 2017 OKW and RPR Club, 2019 SSR, 2019 Aventura, 2022 Dockside, 2023 POFQ
big nelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by big nelly View Post
Hi. Sorry but I can help. Aventura hotel provide facial soap , body soap and 0% parabens shampoo and conditioner . We took shower gel but used their shampoo etc. and they were fine.
Thank you that’s great very useful information x