Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Jan 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Hi Elodie 👋🏻
We have literally been talking about our Manchester hotel parking just this morning so I’m following your thread with interest! We don’t fly until 11.20 so in theory we can drive there in the morning, but I don’t really feel relaxed until the cases are zipped up and we’re within very close proximity to the airport! Clayton is one of the ones dh has been looking at too...
We’re still leaning towards the Clayton, although from some other replies, it looks like the Radisson Blu is the best option if you find a bargain price. Going to have a google to see if there’s any hope now!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Thanks, it sounds like I’ve got a bit muddled somewhere then. I thought the Clayton was just opposite the airport, and that it required a shuttle journey from the train station. Is it actually next to the train station, but a shuttle journey to the airport then? Or is it next to the train station AND opposite Terminal 1? I’ve no idea of the layout there, or how dangerous the roads / paths are for walking.

I also need to look again at the Airport Pub - I’d really like to take the girls there, but not if it’s a long way. When I looked, it said less than a mile walk (we walk over a mile from school every day, so that would be nothing, but if it’s more like 2 or 3 miles, we’ll think again.)

I did look at the Radisson Blu, but it was quite a lot more expensive for our date. I’ll see if there are any offers / ways to make that a more affordable option, as it does sound very convenient. I’d be happy to pay a little more for the convenience, but the prices I was seeing were more than three times the price of the Clayton, so it didn’t seem worth almost £400 for one night (compared to just over £100 at the Clayton). Definitely worth seeing if there are any better prices out there though.
Yes it's right next to the train station and shuttle bus to the terminal... I say this like it's a long way but the terminal is literally 500 metres away, it's just there are roundabouts etc in between the hotel and terminal .
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by paw View Post
We stayed at the Radisson Blu last year and decided it was too expensive.

Later in the year we stayed at the Clayton. Perfectly good enough hotel, had breakfast there and that was OK. However we decided we didn’t want to do shuttle buses again. It came within 10 minutes of phoning from the airport When we dropped our luggage the night before, but it was pouring down and the shelter was full so we were in the rain.

No problem in the morning, straight on our booked shuttle but due to the building works we were dropped a long way from the entrance, the walk was not covered and was on loose gravel type material, again we were drowned - hopefully the drop off area is better now.

However we decided that the extra for the Radisson was well worth it for the convenience. We have used it twice since. In fact, for our upcoming Easter holiday, the Radisson was actually cheaper than the Clayton.
That’s interesting about getting a better price at the Radisson than the Clayton. Can I asked what the prices were? We’re seeing £120 for the Clayton and £480 for the Radisson, so there’s no way we’d choose the Radisson at that price. It sounds like it might be worth keeping an eye out for a bargain though.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by suehen View Post
We have booked 2 rooms to sleep 7 for April based on the price have stayed there 3 times before. Its really close to the terminals and there is a buses which will take you to the terminal, we have walked over to the airport the evening before there are 2 roads to cross but there is crossing points as the road can get busy. If I could have got a good price the Radisson would be my pick but at 3 times the price of the Clayton could not justify the price. They are doing a room refurb at the moment not sure when they will be finished. With parking we no longer us hotel parking as we get taxi.
That’s reassuring to know you’ve used it so many times and keep going back. It’s definitely sounding like the best option for us.
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Publix Enemy#1 View Post
We have stayed at the Radisson several times over the past 15 years
and while prices have varied widely, in general we have found it to be
noticeably cheaper at the weekend due to the hotel being popular with
business travellers during the week.
We’ve got no chance then - we need it on a Tuesday night!
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouser View Post
Yes it's right next to the train station and shuttle bus to the terminal... I say this like it's a long way but the terminal is literally 500 metres away, it's just there are roundabouts etc in between the hotel and terminal .
That makes sense. It said 300m to Terminal 1, but if it’s a nightmare of a 300m then I’d rather take the shuttle, especially with cases and children to manage!
Old 19 Jan 20, 01:59 AM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I wouldn’t say it was next to the train station as there is a main road between them and it is manic. Maybe you could phone the hotel and get the shuttle from the station.
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 02:01 AM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Inky they take your car away to a car park normally
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by linder View Post
I wouldn’t say it was next to the train station as there is a main road between them and it is manic. Maybe you could phone the hotel and get the shuttle from the station.
That’s what we were planning to do, but the first reply on here said it was right next to the train station, so I thought I’d got it muddled. I wondered why the hotel website said guests should phone from the station to request the shuttle!