Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Which fitness tracker?

Hi everyone ,
After some advice from you all.
For the last few years I have had a Fitbit Zip, the first one was great and lasted a couple of years with no problems until I put it in the washing machine. At that time zips didn't seem to be available so I got another clip on tracker but it was four times the size of the Zip and so was awkward to wear discretely for work. I then managed to get another Zip but I have had endless problems with it not syncing the battery "running out" after just a few days/weeks - it is supposed to last three months as it did with the original Zip. To be fair Fitbit have replaced it (free) but the new one is just as problematic so I have decided I need to get something else. I am loathe to get a watch but think I may have to (I have a lovely Citizen watch that I wear everyday which looks smart for work. I need something to track my steps and distance as a minimum, ideally it would also track heart rate and my route speed. I have an iphone SE and an Ipad air 2, I did look at the apple watch but they are not only expensive it said you needed at least an iphone 6 which I don't have.
Any suggestions or opinions please.
Thanks
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

I have the Miband 4. Really cheap but it's really good. Steps, sleep monitor, heart rate etc
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I have the Alta HR. Mainly because with a gold colour metal strap I can get away with wearing it with suits for meetings. So I don't end up taking it off. Does all as you would expect, only big gap is stairs. I don't feel the lack. Just use the stairs at work and know I have, esp by the time I get to the sixth floor. 😉
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

My DH bought me a Garmin Vivomove 3s for Christmas. It’s currently on sale for £150 at Very. It measures steps/heart rate/floors climbed and reminds you to breathe!

It looks like a normal watch.

Took a few days to get used to but now I love it.
It syncs to an app on your phone and you can link it to apps like MyFitnessPal.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

another vote for the mi band... the v3 model was great, so assume the v4 one is just as good, if not better

amazon/Fitness-Blu...nguag e=en_GB

the mi band 3 battery generally lasts at least a month between charges, and does heartrate and all the other stuff you want, the 4 seems to have a nicer display and a few other features

if you dont mind waiting a month for delivery, you can probably find it for £15-20 on gearbest/dealextreme/etc

hth
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’ve always found the best fitness watches to be Garmin. Battery lasts a week with light GPS use and the app is very good. They are very good quality, like all Garmin gear. Apple watches are good but I don’t need a smart watch per se (done that) and the daily charging does my head in.
My Garmin also plays Spotify which I use with my air pods when running.
It is also very accurate on treadmill, cycling etc although I also have a Garmin Cycling computer.
Mine is Vivo Active Music but I’ve had others - which also sell on well at a good price if you ever upgrade. My last one I had 2 years and got half back on eBay.

It’s now only £175 at Argos and is a superb fitness watch as there is a new model coming out (think I paid about 250 when it came out).

Does swimming, steps, floors, cardio, even golf, walking with ot without GPS. Connects to phone and does basic notifications. To be honest it’s a bargain at 175 and the newer version (music one not out yet but non music one is) is 250 I think and adds little, so the new music one will be 275.

I think I’ve had mine about 18 months and it still looks brand new.

argos/product/8060327

Edited at 10:38 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

I have a fitbit HR. Its just for fitness and sleeping really. Lasts about 6-7 days between charges I really like mine but its the only one I have had so nothing to compare it to.
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

I have the Garmin Forerunner 235 which I love. It's great for my running.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Thanks everyone, I have looked at them all and have now bought a Fitbit Inspire HR the successor to the Alta mentioned above (which is no longer made). It is fairly basic but you can pair it to a phone to get GPS tracking and wasn’t too expensive.
Thanks for all the input.