Rent DVC points?
Old 19 Jan 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sorry I assumed next year. There’s a free nights offer on just now which may be your best bet.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Amybelle88 View Post
Hey everyone,

Currently posting from Florida! We leave on Wednesday and I’ve already got the blues - we want to rebook for the end of May.

I’ve got really good flights but I’m in a conundrum when it comes to accommodation - we are currently offsite, but are really keen on staying onsite. I’m not after a deluxe resort - my kids are toddlers and it would be wasted on them, they’d appreciate the likes of Art of Animation and the All Star resorts more due to the theming, but I’d also be keen on considering a moderate.

What is the best way to book a Disney Hotel? Is direct always best? Also, does anyone know what months the free dine offer is released?

Thanks in advance
I just looked on WDW and for this May I checked 1 week 16th May (I dont know which weeks you want)2adults 2 children at Sports would be 7 nights (2 free) no dining plan no tickets £669.2 wks would be £1399 (thats 4 free nights).Aof Animation would be £923 for 7 nights (1 free) or 14 nights£1997.These are on WDW holidays I usually book through them.I am going this May.
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 03:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Amybelle88
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thank you all so much! I’m really grateful for the time you took to reply, and even check the site for me. £1399 was the price I was getting, too - in your opinion are the all star resorts worth it?

I was looking at upgrading to an annual pass - does anybody know the rough upgrade price? Sorry to be a nuisance!
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:36 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

You should be able to find the price on MDE, unless you are going 3 times in the year it seems that it may be cheaper to have a UK ticket.

I'm sure someone will do the math, parking costs, discounts etc
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Amybelle88 View Post
Thank you all so much! I’m really grateful for the time you took to reply, and even check the site for me. £1399 was the price I was getting, too - in your opinion are the all star resorts worth it?

I was looking at upgrading to an annual pass - does anybody know the rough upgrade price? Sorry to be a nuisance!
It is really expensive to upgrade, well above the cost of buying the second set of tickets, we enquired in September as we were going again in April and it was just under $700 each. Since the huge price increase last year, I think you need to be going three times for it to make sense.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Yes, Claudette is correct. I did the math too, we're going twice this year - 21 days in Feb/March and either 21 or 14 days in September. Two times the 21 day Ultimate Ticket is still cheaper than an annual pass, with the only caveat being that if you include 42 days x $25 for parking, the AP *may* win out. For us it didn't, as we're staying on-site without a car. You really need 3 trips inside 12 months to make the AP worth it now. :/
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Even with a good DVC discount it needed 3 trips within a 1 year period to upgrade to the pass- at least to Platinum which I had to get as I am going at Xmas twice. Gold which is DVC only, 2 trips cover that.
Old 20 Jan 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Amybelle88
Trying for More Ears

We are planning to do January 2021, but it’s not set in stone so I’d rather play it by ear and possibly book the free dine and upgrade, which you need to buy the room and tickets for if I’m correct? I think that would end up giving us much better value for money. Thank you all so much for your help, now to decide whether to do two weeks in May or three 😂