Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jan 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
hardly
Excited about Disney

Hampton lakes

Anyone been , I like westhaven as my location of choice, however I’ve seen a dibb villa which tempts me at Hampton lakes. Prefer gated.
It’s all a lot to take in, last year stayed in Tuscan hills and wasn’t keen.
Have you stayed in Hampton lakes.
Was it a dibb villa.
Was the communal pool busy.
Is it quicker to go championsgate i4 or up to 192.
hardly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed in Hampton Lakes quite a few years ago now. As I recall the villas are quite big and the community then was quite quiet (never saw anyone in the community pool.

Back then we always used to hit the I4 via Championsgate. However times have changed in that the traffic on the US27 plus Championsgate has increased a lot since we first went. The 27 has been widened and there have been a lot of concrete barriers/fencing erected to cut down on noise in the villa communities. Depending on where the villa is actually located on Hampton Lakes, you may need to consider noise.

We always used to stay in villas along the 27, but in recent years have stayed in West Haven as it is quieter (although Championsgate has become busier)
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
plastic orange
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed there in March 2012 for 3 weeks and it was very pleasant. We had a large Villa and estate seemed very peaceful and we woke to the scent of Orange Blossom wafting on the breeze from nearby orange groves. We tend to stay closer to Disney than Highway 27 now due to traffic, but it depends what your plans are.

Pete
Old 19 Jan 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

We are staying there in August, in a Dibb villa... fingers crossed it’s fab!
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Nice community but a looooong drive to disney area
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

We stayed at Hampton Lakes last year and will be again this year. The villas are quite large and the one we stay in has a lovely view of the lake.

The route we take is along Florence Villa Grove, Westside, Funie Steed and then along Formosa Gardens Boulevard where it then meets the 192.

The communal pool was always very quiet.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hampton Lakes is lovely, not gated but never heard of any issues there and our villa is just over the road. It’s a lovely quiet area.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed in a lovely villa in Julliard Boulevard last October - villa was a great size, location was good - took 15-20 to get to Disney and was only c$8-10 to uber up to the restaurants on the 192
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
giggler
Excited about Disney

Stayed in Hampton Lakes a couple of times. Area is very quiet and easily accessible.
Never seen anyone in the community pool or play areas, they looked clean and tidy.