Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I've previously used the lush ones. They started off great, but then suddenly started making my hair super greasy.

Instead, I buy 1l bottles of shampoo and conditioner which last me around 15 months (I've got long and very thick hair), and I recycle the bottles when finished.
Old 20 Jan 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

I like the Lush shampoo bar when I am on holiday, but find I get build up with it. Costco do 1 litre bottles of shampoo and conditioner, I like it, but am a bit fed up of it now, as there is only me using it so it has lasted forever.

The health food shop in the nearby town has a Faith in Nature refill station. Or shopping direct you can get a 5 litre size. I’ve not tried their products yet.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
I’m using grüum shampoo bars and really like them. They’ve just released a conditioner bar which I’ve ordered but haven’t tried yet.
Have you tired the conditioner bar yet? And sorry for the questions, which shampoo bar do you use from gruum?

After this thread I tried a lush shampoo bar which I quite like but I think I need something a bit more gentle. Gruum have an offer on for all three of their shampoo bars for £12 delivered. Can’t decide if I should add the conditioner on or not

Also can’t decide between these or the friendly lavender bar!
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
I know the question wasn't aimed at me but a word of warning about gruum. They took weeks to deliver my shampoo bar and the conditioner never arrived. They enailed me to offer an alternative as they had no stock (even though they'd already taken my money). When I replied to ask for a refund I received over 200 emails in 48 hours! Didn't even get an apology from them
Orlandobelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
I know the question wasn't aimed at me but a word of warning about gruum. They took weeks to deliver my shampoo bar and the conditioner never arrived. They enailed me to offer an alternative as they had no stock (even though they'd already taken my money). When I replied to ask for a refund I received over 200 emails in 48 hours! Didn't even get an apology from them
I have read some reviews that said exactly the same thing, appreciate the response thank you. The bars themselves seem to have good reviews. Might try the friendly ones instead.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Have you tired the conditioner bar yet? And sorry for the questions, which shampoo bar do you use from gruum?

After this thread I tried a lush shampoo bar which I quite like but I think I need something a bit more gentle. Gruum have an offer on for all three of their shampoo bars for £12 delivered. Can’t decide if I should add the conditioner on or not

Also can’t decide between these or the friendly lavender bar!
I use the almond and lemon shampoo - I really like it! The conditioner arrived but I'm not 100% sure on it yet. It's hard to get it to "lather" much. Only tried it a couple of times so will persevere for a bit longer.

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
Yes, I agree they can be really slow. I had the same issue when I first ordered shampoo bars. The problem is that they advertise special offers and then get overwhelmed. The first time they advertised on Martin Lewis' email and my order took about 6 weeks to arrive. I had to wait 3 weeks for the conditioner too as they advertised it for £5. It seems they're a small company and try to do too much sometimes. I definitely like the products though!
kateb78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
I use the almond and lemon shampoo - I really like it! The conditioner arrived but I'm not 100% sure on it yet. It's hard to get it to "lather" much. Only tried it a couple of times so will persevere for a bit longer

Yes, I agree they can be really slow. I had the same issue when I first ordered shampoo bars. The problem is that they advertise special offers and then get overwhelmed. The first time they advertised on Martin Lewis' email and my order took about 6 weeks to arrive. I had to wait 3 weeks for the conditioner too as they advertised it for £5. It seems they're a small company and try to do too much sometimes. I definitely like the products though!
Thank you, I’ve found a shop nearby that sells bare soap ones (made in North Wales) so I’m going to give those I go. I’d rather buy from a shop than getting them sent. I hate waiting for stuff so possibly waiting ages for the gruum ones has put me off them.