Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Jan 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TheTink View Post
@Tusker House- thought we can meet Donald and Daisy, also want to change between buffets and a la carte meals, cause I don't know what's best for our littlest.
Why did you dislike it - for the food, the atmosphere or the characters?
Maybe change to Yak and Yeti or just QS meals in Animal Kingdom

I hope I can get all the reservations we wanna do. ADR day is on 23 th of February says my DIBB planer
Its a personal experience based on one visit.

It was extremely noisy, food was bland and character interaction wasn't the greatest.

On the flip we REALLY like Yak and Yeti - interesting food, nice atmosphere but no characters.

Tuskers is popular - just wasn't a hit with me and my family.

Edited at 10:59 AM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Minnie's Beach bash breakfast was the best dining place to meet Minnie. We got plenty of time with Minnie and the food was very good. Tuskers, H+V, CM was all very rushed M+Gs. You can also meet Minnie in all the parks

Storybook was the best out of all 10 character dining we did.

Crystal Palace if you want to meet Piglet and Eeyore this is the only place to do that. Food is ok again standard buffet.

The Tremaine sisters are the best part of Park Fare dinner really. If you don't think there is much benefit then consider your options

Best for a 7 year old girl to add to your list

Storybook and Minnie's Beach bash.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post

I want to stick with Tony's if I can get it.

Can't decide between Mama Melrose and Vine and Dine - one would be for the adults and one for the kids

And what would you favor - Storybook Dining or Park Fare (and Breakfast or Dinner - there are different characters ? )

And no information about Space 220 right now - will this be a Signature? Then we would not do it, don't want to spend two credits on that
@Tusker House- thought we can meet Donald and Daisy, also want to change between buffets and a la carte meals, cause I don't know what's best for our littlest.
Why did you dislike it - for the food, the atmosphere or the characters?
Maybe change to Yak and Yeti or just QS meals in Animal Kingdom

I hope I can get all the reservations we wanna do. ADR day is on 23 th of February says my DIBB planer
I picked H&V for my Fantasmic package as I am going in the evening and like the characters (I wouldn’t do the morning characters) and also because I have been to Mama Melrose before and wanted to try something new (I also didn’t especially like MM). If it were my first trip to both, I would have picked Mama Melrose.

I am going to both Storybook and Park Fare next time. I am expecting character interaction to be better at Park Fare but I prefer the Storybook Dining menu and that style of eating.

I wouldn’t necessarily cross Tusker House off the list, it is very popular so must be doing something right. We thought it was a very good buffet and I think they tried hard to make it fun for children.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Marthamouse
Earning More Ears

From your list we really enjoyed Garden Grill breakfast and 50's Prime Time dinner. We also did the Tony's package which was nice actually but maybe wouldn't bother with next time.

We had lunch at Tusker House and while the food was pretty good, we were stuck in a dark corner and the characters kept missing my 5 year old out and then were rushed when they did appear. I think we were just unlucky with our location and I wouldn't discount returning. Definitely ask for a seat in the larger section of the restaurant though if character interaction is important.
Marthamouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
TheTink
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

I try to ask DD for her favourite characters apart from princesses, so maybe that helps with the decision Park Fare, Crystal Palace and Garden Grill and,Storybook - will be 2 out of this

Always heard VandD can be very noisy, so maybe skip this with the little one in mind and try Mama Melrose

Have to check Minnies Beach Bash , did not read a lot of this in the trip reports - anyone has more information or been there?

Or another character meal I did not mention and is recommended?

Don't want to do Chef Mickey - saw the videos and somehow don't like the setting/atmosphere in the Contemporary
TheTink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List