Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Jan 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
Check out the tenement museum in the east village, totally and utterly amazing! A highlight from sveral trips. We followed the irish settlers story
Another vote from us for this. One of the highlights of our last trip.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
Another vote from us for this. One of the highlights of our last trip.
Have just added this to my itinery for May. Thank you
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

When we return (one day) we want to go on a river cruise, possibly an evening one. Also the Highline as we missed that last time and DH fancies a trip down to Coney Island

One place we went last time which often people miss is the Metropolitan Museum of Art which is a huge collection in a beautiful setting. We also enjoyed the Zoo, not huge but some really lovely animals there
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post

The Roosevelt Island tramway - didn't find the island that exciting but the tramway was interesting.
We enjoyed that.
Seen it in quite a few films.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Sorry if I sound like a broken record cause I always say the same thing when anyone on here asks for New York ideas BUT... If you are there on a Saturday head over to Williamsburg to the food market Smorgasburg. It's honestly AMAZING food. Everything you could think of an the most beautiful view of the Manhattan skyline. A real trip highlight for me.
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Squiggly2902
Trainee Dibber

I second The Ride, my kids (18,16 & 11) loved it. Also The Beast speedboat was fun. We were there in August and took the subway to Coney Island which was a great day out at the beach but not sure if anything there is open in April. Bryant Park is a nice place to sit and take a break in the summer there are movies on the green and lots going on, we used to grab a takeaway lunch and people watch for an hour or so.
Squiggly2902 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Squiggly2902 View Post
I second The Ride, my kids (18,16 & 11) loved it. Also The Beast speedboat was fun. We were there in August and took the subway to Coney Island which was a great day out at the beach but not sure if anything there is open in April. Bryant Park is a nice place to sit and take a break in the summer there are movies on the green and lots going on, we used to grab a takeaway lunch and people watch for an hour or so.
Hi thanks.. we have done the ride which was great.. might have to see the weather for the beast might be a bit cold. Yes Bryant park is great for people watching 😉
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Couple of weeks ago a taxi driver told us there was now a shopping outlets on Staten Island, just off the ferry. No idea if it was true or not, but might be worth a look.

Hudson Yards and The Vessel as others have mentioned - prebook Vessel tickets. I think The Edge (if I've got that right - google Hudson Yards) will be open by then - it's a viewing platform at the top of the new building there (the one that looks like the Avengers building) and looks amazing.
That looks great thanks 👍🏻
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Marthamouse
Earning More Ears

Another vote for the Tenement Museum, it's fascinating.

Really exploring areas away from Midtown and the "main" attractions is a great was to spend a day. Our favourite was a DIY food tour in Greenwich Village and shopping in the little independent stores there. Two really good book shops are Three Lives & Company and Bonnie Slotnick for rare cookbooks
Marthamouse is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List