Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jan 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
They really don’t- the airlines have no jurisdiction with regards to passport validity and they cannot refuse you boarding if your destination only requires your passport to be valid for the duration of your trip.

It’s still airlines and travel agents spouting the “6 months rule” which confuses people, and it’s one of the easiest things they could check to give the correct information on.
As you rightly say, if I'm able to access this official document which I've posted dozens of times on here you'd really think that so-called professional travel advisers should be aware of it.

cbp.gov/sites/default/fi...date122017.pdf

Mick
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

We flew to NY end of last august with virgin and my eldest’s passport expired middle of September. We couldn’t get hers through the machines at immigration so had to speak to an immigration officer who I am sure rolled his eyes when I told him why. Didn’t get any questions from virgin or at any other point. Just posting our experience for reassurance and I’m aware that the machines are being removed throughout the US so this won’t apply anyway.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Mobile

Annoyingly the government is saying have 6 months for the EU after Brexit.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

You definitely can travel with less than 6 months left on your passport as I have before. However, I did get a security officer on a power trip at MCO who told me off for it and for a minute or so I was worried he was going to refuse me entry! Obviously he did let me in but just be prepared that they can be a bit funny about it. I can’t decide whether to renew two of our passports early to avoid a potential telling off, or just go with it as I know legally they have to let you in on less than 6 months!
shawny122 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrFish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm renewing mostly due to the uncertainty around access to other European countries, you never know when you might need to quickly escape the country. Also there have been too many instances of persons acting in officical capacity not knowing the rules themselves. This can put a damper on your holiday even if you are eventually 'allowed' to travel.
MrFish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List