Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jan 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile Anyone booked flights with Dreamworld Travel

My friend has booked premium virgin flights for August through this company, at the time of booking they had their confirmation and were able to choose seats direct with virgin who had the booking details, today they have called virgin to ask about something only to be told their flights were cancelled on the 9th Jan by Dreamworld, she’s been unable to speak to anybody about it today and is now really worried that they have no flights and may have lost a lot of money, anyone any experience with this company?
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Look at the 1 star reviews on here - they all tell a familiar story

uk.trustpilot/review/dre...ges=en&stars=1
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

How awful ! I hope they manage to get it all sorted out. I assume they paid by credit card.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Fleagle
A Guest at All-Stars

Or have suitable travel insurance, if applicable.
Fleagle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Travel insurance is unfortunately not going to cover you for this. I’d be contacting Trading Standards and the credit card company ASAP.

Here are some more reviews:

sitejabber/reviews/d...ldtravel
Old 20 Jan 20, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes luckily they paid by credit card and have good travel insurance, the problem seems to be that nothing illegal has been done yet as the company don’t have to provide the e ticket till 10 days before they fly but my friend can see the flight they booked has gone up by thousands and is running out of seats, hopefully they will get some answers in the next few days
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

If it's an e ticket you get an e ticket number straight away this is all you need. Have they recieved this? If so and Virgin says it has been cancelled then I would get on to credit card company asap. I booked 9 flights a couple of weeks ago with expedia and received e ticket numbers within a couple of hours for all 9 of us, you don't get an actual ticket, you can just print the e mail they send or have it sent to your phone.

Edited at 12:48 PM.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
If it's an e ticket you get an e ticket number straight away this is all you need. Have they recieved this? If so and Virgin says it has been cancelled then I would get on to credit card company asap. I booked 9 flights a couple of weeks ago with expedia and received e ticket numbers within a couple of hours for all 9 of us, you don't get an actual ticket, you can just print the e mail they send or have it sent to your phone.
No they haven’t received the e ticket yet
Old 28 May 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bigsis3
Excited about Disney

I have booked with them too ,travelling in November . Got a ref number and booked seats in P.E with Virgin . Happened to go back to my booking only to find it was not showing . Contacted Virgin who advised booking had been removed . I have emailed Dream world travel and they advise it’s a mistake but ticket won’t be issued until ten days before departure. I have replied, stating that if they don’t issue my e-tickets now, I will report them to trading standards
bigsis3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 22, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Woody_and_Buzz
First POST

Can add my name to the list of victims of this "establishment".

Booked Premium Economy flights with Air Canada last summer for travel this August. I tried logging in to Air Canada in March to request kids meals, details supplied to me didn't work. Tried phoning, spent literally hours on hold only to be cut off. Emailed and got told we were in a "ticketing queue" and that due to Covid tickets would only be released three months prior to travel.

Waited until May and emailed again, same message but this time was told tickets won't be released until a month before. Not happy with this, I checked the published schedules for Air Canada for the summer - our itinerary didn't even exist. Have spent the best part of the last month going back and forward via email to just be given the same stock line (at one point I was also told that there were no changes to the itinerary - despite the connecting flight to Orlando showing as departing Montreal 5 minutes before the Heathrow flight landed and me providing screenshots to prove it.)

Last throw of the dice Wednesday this week, emailed Simon Calder of The Independent as well as the consumer champions at The Guardian, Daily Mirror and Daily Mail. Then found the managing director of the company on LinkedIn, messaged him telling him who I'd contacted and that Thursday I'd be contacting a consumer rights solicitor.

My wife (her details were on the booking) receives an email Thursday telling her that there had been cancellations with Air Canada due to schedule changes (really?!) and offering us alternative flights, which happen to be direct from Gatwick with BA. We obviously accepted, but didn't hold out much hope given what had gone before. But we got the etickets today and have confirmed our booking with the airline.

(A quick check on Google Flights yesterday showed those flights at double the price we paid last summer - I'll consider that some form of compensation!)

Lesson learned that flight aggregator sites have no vetting processes over who they are linking to - take the time to check reviews (there were plenty there if we'd only have looked) and pay a little extra to go with someone more reliable.

I can't see, but I hope the other posters managed to get their tickets...
Woody_and_Buzz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List