wizzo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Arrow Pizza, Wings and Stranger Things 2019 Day 16

Day Sixteen – 26th August 2019

THE INDEX IS HERE

Today started with a big lie in. We all agreed that the last 2 weeks had probably caught up with us having not surfaced until 9am. It didn’t make any difference to our plans as we were only going to Aquatica anyway.

Everyone was soon up and into swimming attire and after a brief stop at the hotel shop for breakfast items (and a paper for me) we were parking up at Aquatica bang on 10am opening. Now I don’t know how it came about, but Lynn had been in charge of paper tickets over the last couple of days. This is a real break from the norm as I always do the driving and party organising. In fact I do everything on holiday except the one thing I’m absolutely useless at…………..remembering what food people want in a restaurant. For this, I have Lynn and I am truly grateful and therefore never moan about driving 2000 miles in a fortnight, paying for everything, ushering people into the right park, queue, taxi, doorway, beach etc. etc.

Anyway, on this morning Lynn failed in her new part-time job and as we got out of the car she realised she’d forgotten the tickets. We drove back to the hotel. Luckily this hotel is about 2 minutes from Aquatica, so it wasn’t the end of the world. She did retire from paper ticket duties for good after today and now only orders food in restaurants and kiosks.

Half an hour later and we were back at Aquatica and had secured a shady spot for base camp. Some of you will remember that over the years I’ve grown to loathe, no hate waterparks. We still go because the girls love them and that is what Dads do. Plus I always buy a paper now prior to park entry.

I do however, love Roa Rapids. You can keep your lazy river sitting in a tube, the fast pace of this river is far more fun. We always start in here and today was no different.

The kids disappeared to do slide after a lap or two but me and Lynn must have done a good 10 laps before we got out. The kids reappeared and took Lynn off to go on some slide or other and I settled down to the first of 2 or 3 Dad breaks to read my paper.

To cut things short, the rest of the day was exactly the same. I would periodically enter Roa Rapids for a few laps then retreat to my lounger and this repeated until 3:15pm.

So we had a good 5 hours at Aquatica and that was more than enough for us. The plan was to freshen up, get some food and then hit SeaWorld later for a few rides.

The kids watched a bit of Jerry Springer while we got ready and they were absolutely gobsmacked that this could be on TV. It was funny watching them laughing their heads off at the plebs Jerry was ‘interviewing’.

By 5pm we were heading to Red Lobster via the Navigators desk again for some free quick queue tickets for SeaWorld later.

Lynn secured herself a cocktail and we all enjoyed Red Lobsters famous biscuits.

No starters tonight. I had the ‘Crab Lovers Dream’ (king, snow plus linguine).

Lynn had the lobster linguine.

Lauren had fried popcorn shrimp and a side of langoustine mash

And Maddy had garlic shrimp, scampi and soy salmon.

No one wanted dessert in favour of theme park sweet treats so we paid and cleared off. It was a lovley meal but our server was soooo sssllloooowwwwww.

As we got into the car it was looking a bit gloomy and we had decided to go to Walmart to stock up on t-shirts and sweets to take home for everyone at work. On the way back, those looming clouds turned into torrential rain.

There was plenty of thunder mixed in and as we approached Seaworld you could see that Manta and Kraken weren’t running. It looked bleak so I dropped the girls off in front of the hotel (in the dry) and I went to park the car.

I waited more than 20 minutes with it absolutely lashing down. It was a 50-yard sprint to the nearest door and I was going to wait it out.

This was my view.

After nearly half an hour waiting it eased ever so slightly so in the end I just legged it. I still got soaked but managed to take a couple of photos of the hotel on the way back to the room for some reason.

It soon became obvious that these storms weren’t going anywhere fast so we got Maddy the bartender to make some drinks and settled down for Wheel of Fortune and yet more Stranger Things.

This was the view from our window captured on the new GoPro.

After a couple of episodes of Stranger Things, the girls were shattered and turned in. I was awake last having watched a bit of baseball before turning in. A pretty relaxed day in the end which was just what the doctor ordered.

Tomorrow – Discovery Cove

2023 Trip Report - COMPLETE HERE

My old trip reports are all HERE

wizzo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day shame the rain spoilt your evening

Joan
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely day, I might be strange but I love a good thunderstorm
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
littletink
Very Serious Dibber

Red lobster warm garlic biscuits... 🤤🤤🤤

Lindfields 2001 & 2005, West Stonebridge Christmas 2008
Disney Yacht Club, Marco Island, Duck Key & HRH August 2011, Lindfields & Rotonda Aug 2012 - HRH & Rotonda 2013 - HRH & Rotonda 2014 - NYC 2015 - AMI 2016 - Sunset Lakes/Rotonda 2017 - NYC/Bongo's!/AMI 2018 - Boardwalk-Rotonda-HRH 2019 - Rotonda 2023
littletink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Those biscuits look lovely! Never been in red lobster but will try next time we are in florida.
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozie
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Fab report thanks for sharing !
OCTOBER 2023 LET’S GO!
Rozie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Roa Rapids is the soul reason that we fit a waterpark into our visits. it is just the best thing to lean back in a life vest and let the water take u.

I love the Florida rain so this just sounds like the best day to me. Thank you for sharing.
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Just binge read this full report, what a fantastic trip you've had so far! Like others, I cant believe how the girls have changed, especially Maddie, she's taken such a stretch.

Thanks for a fun read as always, looking forward to the next instalment.
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fab day, the rain looks awful though, shame you were stuck in the car so long.

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
prettymiarose
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Great trip! More nature, sports, sea, sand & chilling out but how can you loathe water parks! Best days!
Loving your food choices too!