Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 19 Jan 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile St Lucia excursions

We are off to st Lucia (coconut bay) for feb half term. We have a 9yr old. We will only probably do one excursion- any recommendations? Zip wire looks good but mud baths also stand out
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Coconut bay looks lovely! You may want to do a boat trip from Castries that combines a trip to the hot mud springs, waterfall, and a beach stop. (Minimises road transport)Alternatively you can “walk” on the sea bed in Captain nemo type helmets - that is fun. St Lucia is wonderful.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixie Dot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Following with interest. We are going for 2 weeks in August x
Dixie Dot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
foodie53
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We loved the mud baths but make sure you all wear old swimsuits as you never get the mud stains off! Have a great holiday.
foodie53 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
We hired a car when we went a couple of years ago and drove all over the island visiting most of the main sights. I have to say it would be difficult to pick just one excursion.

The sulphur springs and mud bath are a must, the landscape is just so 'other worldly' and the mud leaves your skin feeling so soft, but as suggested before, wear old swimsuits.

We also loved the aerial tramway which we combined with the zipline which was a great way to experience the flora and fauna of the rainforest with really knowledgeable guides.

If possible, I really would recommend you do both.

Debra
Old 21 Feb 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Mobile

Just back. We did the land and sea tour via Edmund which includes the stunning sugar beach, mud bath and a waterfall. We did pitons zip also. I also rode with Atlantic shores. Beautiful island and such friendly people.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Mobile

Old 22 Feb 20, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Only stopped on a cruise but try and do a whole island tour that takes in the mud baths, waterfalls and sugar beach. We used Spencer Ambrose, another popular operator is Cosol tours. The snorkelling right off the beach at sugar beach is incredible, it's like stepping into an aquarium.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
susie
Imagineer

susie's Reviews
Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
Just back. We did the land and sea tour via Edmund which includes the stunning sugar beach, mud bath and a waterfall. We did pitons zip also. I also rode with Atlantic shores. Beautiful island and such friendly people.
Hi, if you dont me asking which hotel did you stay in, we have been looking at the coconut bay beach resort, st Lucia looks lovely but a bit nervous as we haven't been before, thanks

susie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by susie View Post
Hi, if you dont me asking which hotel did you stay in, we have been looking at the coconut bay beach resort, st Lucia looks lovely but a bit nervous as we haven't been before, thanks
Stayed in coconut bay which there was loads good about but I didn’t love it. Felt a little soulless to me & not Caribbean beach but staff were excellent and food v good. Lovely island really lush and tropical. It is big and the roads are windy though so do picks hotel in a location for excursions if you want this. I personally preferred Antigua over st Lucia and we are returning to there in feb.