Looking forward to this Kelly 😋

Kat
Thanks Kat, hope you enjoy x

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Looking forward to reading more
thank you hope you enjoy it x

Originally Posted by rfckaty View Post
Ohhh exciting!

I love budget food reports as I always stay on I-Drive so looking forward to seeing where you go and hopefully some new places for me to try will pop up.
It's our first time so pretty sure there will be cheaper places to stay but it worked for us x

Originally Posted by Zellotape View Post
following along
hope you enjoy x

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
can't wait for this
Won't be a patch on yours but I'll try x

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Steak pie looks good, I love that you had potato skins and then chips too. So pleased they gave you dessert to go -I’m just slightly gutted there is no photo of the cornflake tart...is it like what you used to get at school?😊
Looking forward to seeing where you end up eating so I can steal more ideas to add to my list...
I love a good steak pie! Oh yeah I love my food probably why I needed to start Slimming World

It was yes! So annoyed I didn't get a photo either, it was so nice, just like school!

Enjoy x

Originally Posted by DollyDimples View Post
Looking forward to reading the rest.
Hope you enjoy it x

Originally Posted by Forest32 View Post
Following. Loved your last food report.
Thank you I hope you enjoy it x

Originally Posted by 16offtodisney! View Post
Looking forward to this...love a budget trip!
enjoy x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ha ha, like all good food reports I love that it started with a photo fail. The pie looked lovely though. Looking forward to the next update.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Travel Day - 19th May 2019

Travel Day - 19th May 2019

Premier Inn - Heald Green

Breakfast was at the Premier Inn at Heald Green. If I remember correctly it was £9.50 per adult and kids eat free (up to 2 kids per adult)

This is your standard breakfast buffet. You could help yourself to all continental foods such as cereals, toast, fruit, yoghurt etc. You then order your cooked breakfast with the server. Chris and Thomas had more or less a full english, Noah had hash browns and sausage, Caitlin had sausage and bacon and I had bacon and soft boiled eggs. The food was lovely and plentiful. I was a bad reporter and forgot photos
but I did manage to get a photo of Noah with his Minnie Mouse so I'll pop that in instead

Plane Food

Our flight was 11.10am and I think we left more or less on time. At 11.36am they brought the food menu round and this was the choices

They brought a drink and the obligatory pack of pretzels just after this. I had a white wine and diet coke with mine (not together may I add ) Mr Grump had vodka and coke

Lunch was brought for the kid's at 12.36pm. This was

Tomato and cheese pasta, pot wit cucumber, cheese and carrot sticks, mini cheddars, breadsticks, laughing cow cheese and a caramel and chocolate cake pot thing

Caitlin left the pasta but ate most of the other stuff, Thomas ate 1/2 the pasta and everything else and I think Noah was pretty much the same (he was sat with Mr Grump)

Our food arrived around 20 minutes later. I got the chilli and Mr Grump got the chicken in mushroom sauce. I didn't like anything on the menu but thought I could at least eat the rice on the chili The adult meals consisted of

Chili with rice and sweetcorn or chicken in a mushroom sauce and mash, side salad, 2 mini crackers with cheese and a GU chocolate pot

Mr Grump tried the chilli and said it was nice, he also enjoyed his chicken in mushroom sauce but he's not a fussy eater really.

Around an hour later they came round with teas and coffees. I had tea and Caitlin had a coffee

Those who read the report last year will know I was devastated to find out that Virgin had swapped their mini fab lolly's for mini twister lolly's!

So imagine my delight when I'd seen a few weeks before we flew they'd brought the mini fabs back ... I may or may not have done a dance similar to this!

So imagine how I felt when I'd slipped into a little nap, woke and found the kids munching on the mini fab lolly's!

Thomas said you were asleep mam and we didn't want to wake you ... bless him. He then went and got me one from cabin crew

Noah swapped seats with Thomas and sat with me and fed Minnie some of his lolly

At 6.01pm they brought the kid's sandwiches round. Now I know my kids are fussy but surely they should offer the kids a more child friendly sandwich. The kid's were given the exact same sandwiches we were and obviously didn't eat them, such a waste really. To be honest I didn't eat mine either as I don't like pesto! Ours were brought out about 30 minutes later.

Mozzerella with green pesto, slow roasted tomato and rocket in a seeded roll. Scone with clotted cream and jam

McDonalds

We landed about 15 minutes early, picked up hire care and headed to the hotel. We had promised the kids McDonalds once we'd got sorted as we wanted to keep them up as late as possible. We were at McDonalds for around 6.15pm (11.15pm UK time).

We only got a photo of Caitlin's meal ... no idea why

Pepperoni Pizza

Chris and I had a double cheeseburger and shared some fries, the boys had a box of 20 nuggets and fries to share. We all got a small drink each too. We thought this was quite expensive at $41.20. Now I know Caitlin had a full pizza but normally in McDonalds at home we only pay just over £20. Anyway never mind. We all enjoyed it but at the end of the day it's McDonalds isn't it Caitlin really enjoyed her pizza and managed about 3/4s of it.

Tomorrow is Denny's, SeaWorld Snacks and Longhorns x

Edited at 03:48 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Completely agree on the sandwiches for kids, nuts! My DD did not like the cheesy pasta but tucked into the crackers and the rest - can't believe the kids menu unchanged from 3 years ago 😂
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Following
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Looking forward to this, hope you had a lovely holiday.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ooh im in! Does anyone like pesto lol?
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Following this! Also having an unplanned budget trip in Sept and aiming for $100/day on food for 2adults and a 2yo so looking for tips!
Old 8 Jun 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm looking for saving tips too thanks
Old 9 Jun 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Great start! I’m really looking forward to reading along. I keep telling my other half that we’ll do a budget trip but it never quite works out 🙈
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List