Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 29 Aug 19, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Shame about BOG, it’s ok if you can use a credit but I don’t think I’d pay OOP.
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I agree that Be Our Guest is good value on the dining plan but definitely not worth it OOP. It does make a nice start to the day eating in the Beast's castle though.
Yes, i’d happily eat the Croque Madame again, but wouldn’t pay OOP for it. David was shocked when I told him the meals would have been $28 if we weren’t using DDP. It’s a good experience though going in the castle, and it was something Sebastian really wanted to do.

We had eaten there once before in 2013 when it was very new, pre ADR for it. We got offered FP for it randomly by a cast member in MK as they were trialling the system. Sebastian wouldn’t remember that one though!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Mobile Day 9 - Pizzerizzo and Polite Pig - Thursday 22nd August

So, with only today and tomorrow left on site, we found ourselves in this position with our dining credits...

I thought with only 5 nights on site we wouldn’t have an excess of credits, but we were clearly failing! We had had a Sana’a reservation for today, which we were going to pay OOP for as it was my birthday, but this seemed crazy with so many credits so we had made the decision the previous afternoon to cancel and use some quick service

For breakfast I grabbed some pastries in the Beach Club shop plus a banana, these were the same as the other day with the addition of a chocolate hazelnut croissant (which was mine and was amazing!)
We just had these in the room as we were going for rope drop

We were in HS today. I had been desperate to try the Num Num cookies. We got three to share. These were warm and lovely, but also big and deep, we should just have had two really

Whilst waiting for the older two to do Jedi training, David went and got a strawberry açai refresher from Starbucks. We have had these in the past and it was lovely and refreshing, though despite the size a lot is ice!

Barnaby and I went to Starbucks again whilst the others were on Star Tours, I got a vanilla bean creme Frappuccino. This was really lovely, and actually felt a bigger drink than the refresher as the ice was finely crushed so there was more to drink. Alex had some of it too and loved it

For lunch we went to Pizzerizzo. Sebastian has gone on about going there for months after seeing it on YouTube, I am not really sure why he was so desperate but didn’t want to disappoint him! As we went in he collided with Alex and was crying, the cast member giving out menus asked what was wrong, and asked if she could go and get him a cookie to cheer him up, and one for both his brothers too which was really sweet of her

We ordered one cheese and one pepperoni pizza, these each came with a Caesar salad, plus David and I both got a moretti beer. We ate the salad and the boys shared the pizzas. In the scale of Disney the pizzas weren’t that big. I didn’t try them but am told they were good!

Early evening we went to Disney Springs and the Polite Pig. We were there just after 5 and had no wait, but it did get busy not long after. We got two butcher’s boards for two to share, one with macaroni cheese and waffle fries, the other with cauliflower and sweet potato tots. David and I both got a beer.

This was a real standout meal for us, everything was so tasty and we would happily go back there again. We did go and get some more waffle fries, sadly David had to pay for these as they weren’t a snack credit (if I had gone to the counter I might just have ordered another meal to use up a credit!)

Late in the evening we fancied something sweet when we got back from Epcot and went to the Beach Club shop. Alex and Sebastian had chocolate brownies, plus a chocolate milk each. David had an Oreo trifle and I got a cupcake.

The cupcake was nice but had a lot of buttercream on, the trifle was really nice and I believe the brownies were also good!

17 snack credits and 6 quick service used today to try and make a dent in our excess!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Some lovely food today, the food from Polite Pig does look good 😊 Good idea to use your credits rather than pay OOP.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Some lovely food today, the food from Polite Pig does look good 😊 Good idea to use your credits rather than pay OOP.
Polite Pig is definitely worth trying. It was the right decision to cancel the reservation, we had been going to do Polite Pig the night before but we’d have been too full to appreciate it properly
Old 29 Aug 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

I didn't know about the Butcher's board. That looks so tasty from Polite Pig. I think you did really well today at using up some credits.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 04:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I didn't know about the Butcher's board. That looks so tasty from Polite Pig. I think you did really well today at using up some credits.
It is pretty good value as it is $39 and you can have it for 2 credits, you pick which two sides you want on it, plus you get two drinks (we got 2 waters along with the beers)

We really needed to get through some credits as we didn’t do well at anything but table service on our other days!
Old 30 Aug 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Really good report, polite pig looks amazing
Thank you for sharing!
Current trip report:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1233648

Finn family is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 04:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Day 10 - Garden Grill, Electric Umbrella and Dockside Diner - Friday 23rd August

Our last onsite day. We had a PPO ADR at Garden Grill for breakfast. Top tip - an early ADR on checkout day isn’t the best plan! We got everything packed but were later than I had meant to be heading to Epcot as we were hoping to get a ride in on Soarin after breakfast.

Walking through empty Epcot was a really great experience

We were seated about 8.10. Food is served family style, we were brought fruit and sticky bun first. David and I had POG juice to drink which was really nice

Then we got a big skillet of sausage, bacon, eggs and waffles. There was also ketchup, salsa made from tomatoes from Living with the Land and chocolate sauce

We could have more of anything we needed, and got extra sausages. We also met Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale whilst slowing rotating through Living with the Land. Food was all lovely and overall a great experience. I had almost given up on Soarin as I didn’t want to rush, but in the end we made it down there at 8.57!

Mid morning we stopped at Starbucks, Alex and I both had vanilla bean cream frappe chino, David had a mango and dragon fruit refresher (the strawberry one is nicer), Sebastian and Barnaby had nesquick chocolate milk and Sebastian got a croissant

We had been going to get lunch somewhere in world showcase, but after a downpour whilst in Mexico we ended up going to Electric Umbrella. I had the chicken mozzarella and prosciutto sandwich, David the brisket sandwich, Alex chicken nuggets and Barnaby a flatbread. Sebastian only wanted chips so I shared from ours. We got two beers and two waters

I think this was the worst meal of the trip. Mine was dry, and the mozzarella thick and unmelted. I had some of barnaby’s which was ok (there was more rocket on it which we had picked off for him before the photo!)

In the evening we were in HS and went to Dockside Diner. We had nachos and beers, the boys hotdogs (ordered without toppings) which came with crisps, and chocolate milkshakes

This was all really nice. The milkshakes were basically soft serve ice cream and impossible to drink even with the extra big straw they gave. They were also huge, and Barnaby got it all down himself staining his top, so overall maybe not the best choice! But otherwise enjoyable.

At the end of the night we had 3 QS and 10 snack credits left. The HS shops didn’t inspire us with things we could use them up on, so we went back to Beach Club and used the shop there. Just Alex and I went in, we checked at the counter what we had, then felt like we were doing some kind of supermarket sweep! Our haul included three tubs of ice cream, three rice crispie things, three big cookies, two Oreo trifles, a caramel cheesecake, four chocolate milks and three nacho cheese Doritos! A good snack stock for the villa

Edited at 04:24 AM.
Old 31 Aug 19, 04:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Finn family View Post
Really good report, polite pig looks amazing
Thank you for sharing!
Thank you for reading, I would definitely recommend Polite Pig
Old 31 Aug 19, 04:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

As a summing up of our Disney onsite time, and first time on DDP, we enjoyed it, the highlights were Storybook Dining and Polite Pig, having talked to everyone earlier the only one none of us felt we would go back to was Tony’s, not because it was a bad meal, just not as good as the others and there are other things we would rather try with limited credits. I also wouldn’t rush back to Electric Umbrella

At times the amount of food did feel overwhelming, and there were snacks I wanted to try that we just didn’t have the appetite for at the times we were in the right places. I enjoyed the freedom just to have things in the parks without thinking about costs though, and charging to the magic band!

However, I have to say I found the costs of the meals if we had been paying astonishing. Our table service tips ranged from $30-$50. Some of our offsite meals cost less than some of our onsite tips. We did cover the tips with the gift card.

We would consider a split stay again, if DDP was free, it is likely by the time we do another trip we would have 4 Disney adults plus a child in the family, so table service meals would be crazily expensive for us otherwise.