Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 19 Aug 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sam_Smith
slightly serious Dibber

08.06.2019 - Staying with Friends in Sacramento

Travelling this time was DH (54) - driver/eater/moaner/petrol head/biker

Me (51) - navigator/planner/booker/spreadsheet creator/feeder

So today we moved on to Sacramento to stay with friends for a couple of nights. We filled up with the breakfast buffet in reception and packed up ready for the off.

Chris an I used to work together in the UK and we met up in Orlando a few years ago when we were on holiday and he was at a conference.

That night was a bit of a blur and DH eventually woke up at noon the next day looking like this

Oh dear - what have I let myself in for again!

We were on the road again by 10:30 for the 100 miles to Roseville, which is just on the outskirts of Sacramento

We arrived early, and after a little trouble with the key code to the gated estate they live on, we arrived safe and sound.

It was great to see him again, and finally meet his wife Julie and kids, Lulu, Ashlee and Rhiann (RhiRhi) who were all so lovely

It was soon straight out to the garden for a proper welcome.

I had put together flamingo tote goodie bags for his 3 girls, which contained UK chocolate and crisps, as well as a few girlie touches like charm bracelet each

and a scarf each, both expertly modelled by RhiRhi! Does not seem like a good idea I know, as it was about 96 degrees outside, but they go skiing in Tahoe a lot, so I knew they would get used

Oh and I nearly forgot the newest member of his clan...

BRUCE!

We spent the afternoon chatting and drinking in their wonderful garden

and DH made himself at home on the outside bar complete with beer tap!

It wasn't long before Chris got the BBQ going and the steak was slapped on

Boy oh boy he has done well for himself mind

Steak was served along with corn on the cob and asparagus with blue cheese and balsamic dressing, and it was amazing. Good job DH was already well lubricated though, because he would NEVER have eaten that if he had any idea what it actually was!

Back out into the sunshine and the homemade cocktails started flowing.

and James arrived for a beer

Don't ask because I have no idea who James is or where he came from! All I know is he is a top bloke and fb friend for life

Julie had tickets for an outdoor concert that night so she went off with a couple of friends, and we sat in the back garden listening to it. It was about half a mile behind their house

We spent the next few hours drinking cocktails (me) and beer (DH), and I vaguely remember being whisked into a Lyft quite late into the night for a short jaunt to a nearby Mexican restaurant. Apparently the conversation went something like...

Chris: "James is half Mexican"
Me: "I love Mexican!"
Chris: "There's a great Mexican at the Fountains nearby. The Lyft is outside. Come on let's go!"

Well that is all I can remember anyway

I do remember James ordering for us all and a vast selection of tacos arriving along with a massive jug of margarita

I don't think I had either, but then I don't recall getting in a Lyft back to the house, so I could be wrong!

The next couple of hours are a foggy memory of karaoke and more cocktails. I say that but it may have been a dream! I don't have any photographic evidence as I could not find my camera!

I do remember various people shouting "Siri play some 80's music" at one point.

I also remember being the first one to go to bed though - and that includes the kids!
Old 27 Aug 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
MHM
Earning My Ears

Sounds like a fantastic day, thanks for sharing!
MHM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

What a great day, really enjoying your report.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Lucky Chris - what kind of work does he do? That James (whoever he is) sounds like a hoot !
What a great day.
Mortimer Mouse is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sam_Smith
slightly serious Dibber

Sorry I have only just seen your question. Chris is an ABAP programmer. (SAP programming).

He worked for HP in the U.K. And they transferred him out to the US. He now works for a smaller company based in Sacramento. James is a neighbour and has kids of similar ages.

It's a really nice gated community and everyone is really friendly.