Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 31 Dec 19, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Best places to eat

So thought I had better start doing some research for our Disney trip in March starting with places to eat. We don’t have any kind of dining plan we are only there for 3 nights so just want some good value food not really bothered about fine dining. So many places don’t get very good reveiws so wondered if anyone had any suggestions please.

Only have La Grange on the list so far.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

we like Vapiano's in the village, decent value pasta and pizza, all fresh cooked to order
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I like Earl of Sandwich in the village. Cooked fresh and the sandwiches are huge!
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We like annette’s too. Good burgers just very large portions
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Annette's Diner is awesome. If on more of a tight budget then you can't go too far wrong with Earl Of Sandwich.
Old 31 Dec 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
You can't book Annette's in advance. Make sure you avoid busy times such as just after the parade.

If you are staying onsite then you can pay for breakfast in your hotel, but to be honest I wouldn't bother unless you are going to eat loads and skip lunch. It is really expensive for what you get.

Other options are Starbucks, Earl of Sandwich (nice bacon egg and cheese muffin), McDonalds, or my favourite, New York Style Sandwiches which does croissants, bread, butter, jam, juice and coffee for a set price, as well as selling everything separately.

Annettes does a cooked breakfast but I think not very early, and I haven't heard great things about it. Personally I would grab something and get into the parks for EMT.

Restaurants at DLP are crazy expensive. However, for me the counter service places are a much worse option. You queue forever, service is ridiculously slow and the food is often not hot, and not great for the money. Personally I would rather pay a bit more and go to a table service restaurant or buffet.

I would particularly advise avoiding Videopolis, Casey's Corner and Restaurant en Coulisse. Queues are legendarily long and food is so-so at best.

Other options such as Hakuna Matata or Au Chalet de la Marionnette can be better if you really want 'fast' food.

Another option is Lucky Nugget. Technically it is counter service but you pay on entry and sit in the room, and they bring your food to you (like Nandos). You also get to watch a puppet show and live entertainment. Costs more than most counter service but it's a nice option if you want a good long sit down! Sells burgers, ribs and fish and chips.

You can get sandwiches and snacks from the shops in the station to take in with you if you want.

I have not tried Vapianos (was put off by some horrendous reviews about the lack of hygiene standards of the servers, but this may have been put right by now). Five Guys is also there, and although it's expensive, it costs the same as a burger meal in the parks and has nicer burgers.

Earl of Sandwich doesn't just do sandwiches. In the evening they do other food as well - not tried it though. Also New York Style Sandwiches and the Sports Bar do pizzas I think, though again I haven't tried them.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Earl of sandwich (as others say) is a good compromise, nice options that arent just sandwiches. New york deli (in the village) is another option if EoS is very busy. We always find the McD rammed busy so have found other options but it ia a decent breakfast idea.

Food in the park is expensive and slow. Avoid videopolis if you want speed! The only exception for us is hakuna matata as we have fond memories and love the theming. Col Hathis and Cowboy cookout do have live bands playing at times, I've yet to find a reliable way of getting a schedule as town hall don't always know.

If you are staying in Val d Europe then you can bring your own food and restock at the huge Auchan. Whilst DLP say 'no picnics', we have never been pulled up with food in our bags. Ive even been in the park with croissants and snacks in a relay bag before now (from the train station for breakfast emh)
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Thank you. Think we did look at Cowboy cookout but seems it has changed and its now € 35 per person so seems quite expensive. Hakuna Matata sounds interesting also Au Chalet.
We are not really on a tight budget but want the best value for our money if there is such a thing in Disney 😂😂
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Maybe budget for at least one table service restaurant. They are pricey but so much nicer! Bistrot chez Remy does lovely steak and the theming is amazing. They often close by mid afternoon though so lunch may be your best option. Definitely book it in advance as it is hugely popular (only decent food in Studios!)
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Agrabah is a nicely decorated and themed buffet restaurant option if you like curries and more morrocan/middle eastern faire.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List