Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 1 Jan 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkinpie
I want to go now!

Help please - where am I thinking of?

Happy New Year everyone!

My hubby and I are struggling to recall the name of a lovely town we visited a few years ago and I was hoping a Dibber might be able to help.

We had a lovely afternoon visiting a town with a very cute street full of antique shops. It was was quite distinctive there was a roundabout with shops and parking all the way round including a bank.

It's not Winter Park as we have been there a few times. Also not Mount Dora as that was more quirky. I seem to recall it may have been in the Wekiwa Springs area possibly? (But I may just be making that bit up due to hazy memory)

For the life of us, we just cannot recall the name of the place - we've even tried searching places on google maps and google images

At the time, we found out about the town from a mention on The Dibb so hoping someone will know the place and help us clear up the mystery!
Pumpkinpie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Just searched the DIBB for antique shops and Micanopy is mentioned?
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkinpie
I want to go now!

I know, I have come across that too - Micanopy is a really unusual name so that would be a memorable one.

I thought it could be Winter Springs or Winter Garden but cannot find the street I'm thinking of on a google image search?

I seem to recall it was close (short drive away) to an outdoor parade of more modern stores in a horseshoe shape as we visited there first and then drove over to the cute little main street area.
Pumpkinpie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Was it Celebration?
Old 1 Jan 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

The shops is winter garden
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

DeLand but I cant remember a roundabout.

The only places I know that have shops on a Circle (roundabout) are Sebring and St Armands Circle. Sarasota.
Old 1 Jan 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkinpie
I want to go now!

Thanks for trying everyone - the mystery continues!

Definitely not Celebration, we visit there every trip and know it well.

Winter Gardens would be in the right approximate location I think - do you remember the name of the shops please? They were a small outdoor mall of brand name stores.
Does Winter Garden have antique stores do you know?

Don't think it was DeLand, but that looks like a place we would visit on our next trip

I've checked google maps, Sebring and St Armands are both in wrong locations. The place we visited was north of Orlando I recall.

I appreciate everyone trying to help us figure this out
Old 1 Jan 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pumpkinpie View Post
I know, I have come across that too - Micanopy is a really unusual name so that would be a memorable one.

I thought it could be Winter Springs or Winter Garden but cannot find the street I'm thinking of on a google image search?

I seem to recall it was close (short drive away) to an outdoor parade of more modern stores in a horseshoe shape as we visited there first and then drove over to the cute little main street area.
It sounds like Winter Garden to me. The modern shops are "Winter Garden Village" and the original much older section is Downtown. I don't remember that many antique shops and your memory of the roundabout sounds abit muddled but I think that is the closest fit. It is definitely worth a visit anyway.
Old 1 Jan 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

shopwinterparkvillage/

But I don’t think winter park has shops around a roundabout in the way you’ve described.
Old 1 Jan 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

destinationmainstreets/f...inter-park.php

Some photos of the older part of town.