Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 1 Jan 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkinpie
I want to go now!

Winter Garden Village does look like the modern stores I remember - but Winter Garden doesn't seem to be the place with the street of antique stores.

Is there another small town, somewhere close to Winter Garden Village which could fit the bill? I think it was a short drive away - maybe 15 mins?

I wish I could find the original post on The Dibb - it was on this section of the forum in a thread about antiques. But it was over 5 years ago
Pumpkinpie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pumpkinpie View Post
Winter Garden Village does look like the modern stores I remember - but Winter Garden doesn't seem to be the place with the street of antique stores.

Is there another small town, somewhere close to Winter Garden Village which could fit the bill? I think it was a short drive away - maybe 15 mins?

I wish I could find the original post on The Dibb - it was on this section of the forum in a thread about antiques. But it was over 5 years ago
Clermont, but that downtown area is even smaller so I doubt it. 15 min away sounds like Downtown Winter Garden to me. Can you remember a huge brick church, small old fashioned theater or a visitor's center with a train carriage out front? There is also a square with a kids water playground near the big town hall. The main street is quite wide with angled parking either side and a very landscaped bit in the middle with seating etc.
Old 1 Jan 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkinpie
I want to go now!

I've googled and Winter Garden only seems to have one antique store.
The place we visited had quite a few in a row along the same street.

Looking at google images, Winter Garden has a similar feel as the place I am recalling though and could be one for us to visit next trip.

I am starting to think we imagined the place lol!
Pumpkinpie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Is it Ivanhoe Village?
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
Is it Ivanhoe Village?
Yes, I was thinking of there but much as I like it it's not cute and no roundabout. Funnily enough was just googling distance from Marge's
christmas shop to the Village!
Old 2 Jan 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

This may be a silly question but have you ever been to California? It sounds like Orange Circle near Anaheim to me!
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I was thinking winter garden too. We only visited the new shops this time but would love another wander sometime.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tylergeorgia
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m sure we have been Windermere and there was a roundabout, unsure about shops though, it was years ago.
Old 3 Jan 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkinpie
I want to go now!

Hi Everyone

Thank you so much to each of you for trying to help with my mystery!
It has been bugging my hubby and I for years trying to recall where we visited as we had a lovely afternoon there and would like to go back.
I usually save my holiday itineraries on my computer but missed this one so I decided to reach out to The Dibb.

Definitely not California I'm thinking of - although we have been there twice in recent years

None of the suggestions have cracked it yet, but I now do have some new great ideas of places to try on our next trip from this thread.

Windermere looks quite close to the place we visited. But the roundabout/ turning circle was at the top of the shopping street and had buildings all around it with free parking places (we parked there ourselves outside a bank). The place had a cutesy feel with a number of antique stores, independent shops and coffee shops.

I'm hoping the Dibber who originally mentioned the place will know where I'm trying to remember and will post on this thread
Old 3 Jan 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Ok I could be well off the mark as I have never been to any of the places mentioned except Celebration.

I did a search in the Dibb and one place that showed up from years ago was Mount Dora.

Hope you are able to find the place you are looking for.

Sorry just read your original post properly this time and see you actually mentioned that it wasn’t Mount Dora.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022

Edited at 01:59 PM.
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List