Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Jan 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by NeeNeeWong View Post
From what I’ve seen on Facebook of you have booked with Disney you can pay the difference between a child’s ticket and adults ticket (I think £30) so that a child 9 and under can get an adult dining plan. I don’t know how true that is? But I guess it’s worth asking Disney for anyone that has booked with them to see?
This is true. We did it with the DDP 2 years ago so the kids had more food choices as some places had a very limited kids menu. Didn't do it this time as didn't know this change was coming but will be calling Disney to change our kids' tickets to adults. It's only an extra £20 per ticket so could be worse I guess.

ETA: this is only correct if you got the dining plan for free. If you have paid for the dining plan or upgraded it oop then you'd unfortunately have to pay the difference between the kids plan and adult plan.

Edited at 06:48 PM. Reason: Additional info needed
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I wonder if you can still split one child’s QS to 3 snacks?
My son has so many many food allergies and food phobia’s it’s sometimes easier for him to snack throughout the day then have one meal at dinner time.
If you can do this I won't be too bothered by the changes ..However paying in general will be a hassle as last time we had to have separate transactions to use QS and snack credits so potentially this change could mean 3 separate transactions it will be very irritating.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyF1rstT1me View Post
This is true. We did it with the DDP 2 years ago so the kids had more food choices as some places had a very limited kids menu. Didn't do it this time as didn't know this change was coming but will be calling Disney to change our kids' tickets to adults. It's only an extra £20 per ticket so could be worse I guess.
I’m wondering whether to do this but it’s the buffets that have me a bit unsure. If you did a character meal buffet did you still book your children as a child and just use the adult credit to pay for the child buffet?
Old 2 Jan 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
I’m wondering whether to do this but it’s the buffets that have me a bit unsure. If you did a character meal buffet did you still book your children as a child and just use the adult credit to pay for the child buffet?
I'm being a bit slow so not sure I understand your question sorry but I'll try and answer it. We ended up in 2017 paying £20 extra for each child to change their park tickets to adult rather than kids. So when we booked ADRs (incl buffets) via the app I think (from memory) it probably showed us as 4 adults and we had only adult credits to use because we had only adult park tickets. And although my youngest ate from the kids buffet mainly, we were charged as if an adult had dined for purposes of tip calculation. Swings and roundabouts. I've realised though that my tip only applies if you have the free dining plan. If you've paid for the dining oop then unfortunately you'd have to pay the difference to upgrade your children's dining plan to an adult dining plan. I've edited my post above to include this.

Not sure if this answers your question?
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm being a bit slow so not sure I understand your question sorry but I'll try and answer it. We ended up in 2017 paying £20 extra for each child to change their park tickets to adult rather than kids. So when we booked ADRs (incl buffets) via the app I think (from memory) it probably showed us as 4 adults and we had only adult credits to use because we had only adult park tickets. And although my youngest ate from the kids buffet mainly, we were charged as if an adult had dined for purposes of tip calculation. Swings and roundabouts. I've realised though that my tip only applies if you have the free dining plan. If you've paid for the dining oop then unfortunately you'd have to pay the difference to upgrade your children's dining plan to an adult dining plan. I've edited my post above to include this.

Not sure if this answers your question?
Sorry I probably didn’t explain it right. We have the free DDP but I was wondering if even though you had the adult plan when you booked your restaurant bookings you put child or adult down. I think you’re right though it would have to go down as adult which then means a larger tip so it would only be worth changing my 6 yo to an adult plan if we’re not doing many buffets or the increase in tip will not be cost effective. Thank you
Old 2 Jan 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mermaidhair View Post
I'm afraid they can. I noticed something in the Ts&Cs after booking that said "dining plan subject to change for arrivals from January 2020" and I guess that's what this meant. One of our kids is now a Disney adult and the other is extremely fussy so I'm hoping it won't affect us too much. But still annoying, especially coupled with the Ghirardelli changes which I'm still a bit gutted about!
whats the ghiradelli changes please, haven't heard this
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Can anyone please tell me what characters are at 1900 park fare dinner? Trying to find something that both children would like! Thanks
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Just to confirm for those wondering if this is possible - because we booked during free dining, I've just phoned Disney Travel Company UK to amend our 6 year old son's park ticket to an adult ticket so he now gets to choose from the adult QS (and kids) menu - they've added the £20 difference in park ticket price to my invoice and confirmed on the phone that he can now choose food from the adult menu. He'll probably continue to order chicken nuggets for every meal knowing him but to me it's worth paying the £20 to have better options available just in case.
Old 3 Jan 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Just to confirm for those wondering if this is possible - because we booked during free dining, I've just phoned Disney Travel Company UK to amend our 6 year old son's park ticket to an adult ticket so he now gets to choose from the adult QS (and kids) menu - they've added the £20 difference in park ticket price to my invoice and confirmed on the phone that he can now choose food from the adult menu. He'll probably continue to order chicken nuggets for every meal knowing him but to me it's worth paying the £20 to have better options available just in case.
Did they need to amend his age? I don't think this would work on my booking as we are in a 5th sleeper with 5 people but would happily pay the £20 to avoid the stress and limitations of the kids menu
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ele
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Did they need to amend his age? I don't think this would work on my booking as we are in a 5th sleeper with 5 people but would happily pay the £20 to avoid the stress and limitations of the kids menu
Someone asked a similiar question on facebook and was told that there is a difference between the kids-age for Tickets and diningplan (adult = 10 years old) and the adult-age for a room.

So maybe it's worth a call.
Ele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List