Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 13 Jan 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

(Miami Marlins) Baseball?

Last time we were in Florida we went to a Gators (American football) game. Had no idea what was happening in the game but loved the spectacle of it all, cheerleaders, band, mascots, fireworks etc.

We are going to a Miami in April and the Marlins are playing at home (baseball). Has anyone been to a baseball game? Do they have cheerleaders and bands as well? We aren’t really into “sports” so is baseball worth it for the experience or will we be bored?
Geordieprincess is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm no help I'm afraid but I'm very interested in the answers you get. DH is angeling for a Tampa bay rays game when we visit. So far I think it might be a possibility, as long as they sell corn dogs! 😂
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

We've been to games for both the Rays and the Marlins. They both have cheerleaders, although I don't think bands are a feature of baseball games! They do have a lot of activities between innings, including mascot races, and iirc, the Marlins have the bobble head museum, while the Rays have a touch tank of rays that you can feed.

It's good fun, Chris is more into the sport than I am, but it's a great experience. We're looking for a minor league game for our trip this year.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mo&Chris View Post
We've been to games for both the Rays and the Marlins. They both have cheerleaders, although I don't think bands are a feature of baseball games! They do have a lot of activities between innings, including mascot races, and iirc, the Marlins have the bobble head museum, while the Rays have a touch tank of rays that you can feed.

It's good fun, Chris is more into the sport than I am, but it's a great experience. We're looking for a minor league game for our trip this year.

/Mo
That’s great thank you. So it does sound like it is worth a visit. Do you recommend any particular website for buying tickets?
Geordieprincess is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

We saw the Texas Rangers in Dallas. It can be a long day/evening as they play until someone scores. We went to a 7 pm game and most people left before we did. We stayed until just after 11 and listened to the crowds roar from the car park - missed the run by minutes!

There was some kind of coca-cola promotion where you could buy 4 tickets with a coke and a hotdog for $100. We were right at the top of the stadium, but as people left moved further and further down. People seemed to be there for the social, rather than to actively watch.

It makes cricket look like a fast paced game to be honest, but it's an experience that you won't get elsewhere. They really do play the duh duh duh duh duh thing on the stadium organ, it makes Margarita Pracatan sound good. You'll love it.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

There was some kind of coca-cola promotion where you could buy 4 tickets with a coke and a hotdog for $100.

You got 4 tickets (plus drinks and hotdogs) for $100? Did you buy in advance or on the night?
I’ve had a quick look online at tickets and there are very few in the $20 range. Most seem to be at least $50 each. I’m looking for cheapest I can get, $100 for 4 would be great.

Edited at 12:22 AM.
Old 14 Jan 20, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
We saw the Texas Rangers in Dallas. It can be a long day/evening as they play until someone scores. We went to a 7 pm game and most people left before we did. We stayed until just after 11 and listened to the crowds roar from the car park - missed the run by minutes!

There was some kind of coca-cola promotion where you could buy 4 tickets with a coke and a hotdog for $100. We were right at the top of the stadium, but as people left moved further and further down. People seemed to be there for the social, rather than to actively watch.

It makes cricket look like a fast paced game to be honest, but it's an experience that you won't get elsewhere. They really do play the duh duh duh duh duh thing on the stadium organ, it makes Margarita Pracatan sound good. You'll love it.
You got 4 tickets (plus drinks and hotdogs) for $100? Did you buy in advance or on the night?
I’ve had a quick look online at tickets and there are very few in the $20 range. Most seem to be at least $50 each. I’m looking for cheapest I can get, $100 for 4 would be great.
Old 14 Jan 20, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

We bought in advance, but I really can't remember how in advance it was, it could even have been on the day. I just know that I used the hotel 'business suite' with a printer. It was a good deal, we wouldn't have gone otherwise. Everyone was really chatty, especially the stewards, and there was no problem moving seats as the stadium emptied.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Just checked email - we bought the 'Coca Cola Total Family pack' on the day of the game. The tickets were on sale for the following days too though, so not a last minute thing. We also got a souvenir programme and a couple of kidzone passes, but I don't remember anything about them (was 2017). The tickets were bought on the Texas Rangers site, so am assuming similar deals are available across all stadiums at certain times. Just ping them an email and ask for any good deals.
Old 14 Jan 20, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
Just checked email - we bought the 'Coca Cola Total Family pack' on the day of the game. The tickets were on sale for the following days too though, so not a last minute thing. We also got a souvenir programme and a couple of kidzone passes, but I don't remember anything about them (was 2017). The tickets were bought on the Texas Rangers site, so am assuming similar deals are available across all stadiums at certain times. Just ping them an email and ask for any good deals.
That’s great thank you