Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Jan 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Balmoral Villas Haines city

Wondering if anyone has stayed in the Balmoral Villas. It seems they are exclusive to Virgin Holidays unless anyone has rented privately.
If so any comments on the community, area and anything else would be appreciated.
My only concern is its as far out as Villa communities get !
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We are Haines Cityand it's about 2miles from us
A nice community but the villas are very close and still a little building work going on in November
The Bar and Grill are nice for a meal but we did find the live music loud
Food shopping you have WalmartWinne Dixie Aldi Dollar General market all within a mile Publix is slightly further but on the way down from the I4
Eating out
On site Bar and Grill
Mannys Sonnys Pit BBQ ,Southern Dunes club house !
And one of our favourites Dora's Pizza asit in take out or delivery its tiny and take your own beer or wine and some lovely Italian Dishes
Breakfast REatery or Egg City Denny's all within a mile
As well as the usual Kentucky Popeyes Zaxbys Oran other of our favourites Culvers again just about a mile away
Winter Haven 10 minute away all the usual chains Red Lobster Longhorn Olive Garden Ruby Tuesday etc
We tend to use Mannys And Ovation Bistro in Winter Haven rather than
The ones closer as well as the others mentioned lessbusy cleaner and better service
Some great independents as well Harbour Side Harry's Place Cherry Pocket Thi Haven Tempo 1930
Winter haven also has a huge Walmart and a small Macy's Peir 1 as well as the usual Ross Beauls tTJMax etc
Posner Park just before the junction of the I4 loads of stores and a new Bath and Body Works scheduled to open this week and the cinema
Just ask if you have anything else
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Brilliant.Thank you for all that prompt and detailed info
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

There is a Publix much closer (within 1 mile) than the one on the I4. You head out of Balmoral north towards the I4 but take the slip road down to the 17/92 and head towards Haines City and it is more or less immediately on the right which is at traffic lights.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Jaf I’m really confused but our nearest Publix are we are pnBayez Road so these are Southern Dunes Calabay Pwrc at Tower Lake Villa Sorrento directions and Balmoral
From all turn right at the traffic lights head north on the 27 8,7,6 miles north be in the right hand lane to either take the slip road into St Charles Plazza or go to the next traffic lights and turn right ( Heart of Florida Hospital on your left ) then left Publix is first on your left
Going the other way left from all and right at the Lego land sign Walmart on your left horrible junction to head back to Haines about 2 miles Publix 4 on your right behind Olive Garden
The one on that s,is Road is a Neighbourhood market and very very expensive we’ve used it twice in 14 years of owning not my first choice
To be honest
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Sorry you have me totally confused as have no clue where pnBayez Road is however, if you exit Blamoral onto the US27 by turning right ie heading north towards the I4 it is only about 230 yards to the slip road to Haines City 17/92 and you exit here go down the slip road and then turn right and right at the lights and Publix is ahead of you on Orange Avenue. It has been there for years.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We always go into Haines via 10thor 12th street as thats closer for us
Going to city Hall etmust check that Publix out
Old 16 Jan 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

we seriously looked at booking here, not exclusive to Virgin, another travel agent fib. You can book direct.

We decided to go for a week at the grove and 2 weeks in 5 bed at Windsor at Westside - I guess cos we are lazy and both have lazy rivers...

both close to Animal Kingdom - far closer than Balmoral... although we aint doing disney this trip...

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 09:03 PM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Mobile

How long would it take to drive to the Disney area from Balmoral. Would be in November ?
Old 17 Jan 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It takes us about 25 mins to get to Disney but like anywhere that is traffic on the I4 is like