Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Jan 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

Mythos

Hi,

I keep hearing good things about this place. is it worth going? is it hard to get a booking? only in the hard rock for 4 nights.

Many thanks
muffa2308 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

We have done it several times. The food is good and has a nice atmosphere. A good way to get out of the sun for a hour.

It is not hard to make a reservation.

zomatobook/widget/uo...x?id=O7S175ASN

If you are there on a busy day I would make a reservation. We have seen 45 Min waits.

Edited at 07:16 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

It is a nice restaurant and we’ve enjoyed our meals when we’ve visited, it’s light, airy and has air con and provides a welcome break from the park. We haven’t booked in the past, there seems less pressure to book for the Universal restaurants as opposed to the Disney restaurants. From memory I’m not sure if you can book Mythos but I could be mistaken.
OrlandoNick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post

A low point for us. The food was ok, but the service was appalling. Would never go back, it featured in my dining review below.

Mythos
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
lardypops
Apprentice Imagineer

lardypops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We loved it, food was good and not that much more expensive than a quick service meal. Air con in the afternoon is always welcome !
lardypops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We l ed it, food was great and we experienced very good service and will be visiting this year again

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I went once (sometime in the last 5 years). Didn't have any issues booking it - in fact, booked it on a whim that morning at Universal and there were plenty of reservation timings available. Food was pretty decent. However service was appalling and this stretched out the duration of the meal far beyond what I anticipated.

Haven't been back since, as my Universal park time is pretty precious (usually only do one day with Express pass) and don't want to take the risk of losing a chunk of park time again...
Old 16 Jan 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

We went in May 2018 and the food was great. Service good, but it was absolutely freezing! That seemed to be a theme that year so maybe it’s improved. We walked up and waited about 15 mins at that time of year.
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
A low point for us. The food was ok, but the service was appalling. Would never go back, it featured in my dining review below.

Mythos
we had a meal at mythos a few years back, decided we wouldn't return even if it was the last place open ...

service was appaling

I gave a review at the time, but to make it short

server was less than friendly, didn't listen to us when we said we didn't want suggestions, just order ...but she was so adamant we had to try the risotto, that we gave in and regretted it
ordered a risotto, the rice was not even cooked properly .. .that was not a risotto, not even by a longshot

the server came back and despite our plates not being finished, she went a couple of times with "I told you it was good" ... no, lady, it was not

and I just give you the short story

bad service, bad food, maybe a bad day for a good restaurant, but, well, it's no longer on our list, and no amount of good reviews will get it back on it.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mythos - They proudly hang a sign up saying best rated Theme Park restaurant in the world for x number of years. Myself and my wife was very excited about going. It was our treat while at Universal and the kids really didn't want to go. But it was our treat so it happened lol.

Sadly we found the food expensive, bland, service was average (table wasn't properly set for example) and the place must of be somewhere around 8c... We was freezing cold.

It was the single most unemployable experience I have ever encountered in Orlando. Even if all the other elements got better I don't think I could stand the cold.

Lots seem to like it but for me if you want to compare it to a Disney restaurant... It should be a signature but it was more a very average table service. I don't even think the themeing is all that good - its really quite bland?

Eating inside of Universal is in general light years behind Disney we find. City Walk is better (NBC is great) but Disney Springs is better.

Each to there own but we very much disliked the place.

The kids very much said "we told you so all day"

Edited at 04:42 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List