Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Jan 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile New York - other sights to see/things to do?

Hi
We’re off to NewYork in April we have been before and all done the usual sights so this time around it’s more of taking it all in and wandering around. So I’m after ideas of other things to see/do.. little things we possibly wouldn’t have seen on our first trip as it was really full on. We have seen a show/baseball game so not overly fussed. We are 2 adults and a 13 year old. ☺️ Thanks xx
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

We are going on the 27th...and this time looking forward to the Vessel at the Hudson Yards...it looks
really good...it was not there the last time we went.
It's free if you get the tickets online...got ours today.

Edited at 09:46 PM.
Jet is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’m sat in JFK waiting to come home. It’s been a work trip but had some time off too. We went to a show on Broadway last night which was different and also went on the ferry from near the staton island terminal round to East 35th. It was less than $3 each and was good so see NY from a different perspective. I’m guessing you have already been to the 9/11 memorial museum? Did you explore Central Park last time?
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Check out the tenement museum in the east village, totally and utterly amazing! A highlight from sveral trips. We followed the irish settlers story
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jet View Post
We are going on the 27th...and this time looking forward to the Vessel at the Hudson Yards...it looks
really good...it was not there the last time we went.
It's free if you get the tickets online...got ours today.
Ok will have a look it wasn’t there last time 👍🏻
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by baggers View Post
I’m sat in JFK waiting to come home. It’s been a work trip but had some time off too. We went to a show on Broadway last night which was different and also went on the ferry from near the staton island terminal round to East 35th. It was less than $3 each and was good so see NY from a different perspective. I’m guessing you have already been to the 9/11 memorial museum? Did you explore Central Park last time?
Hi
Yes we did although I could spend ages there, will be going back for sure x
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
Check out the tenement museum in the east village, totally and utterly amazing! A highlight from sveral trips. We followed the irish settlers story
Great thanks will take a look x
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Have you been on a twighlight river cruise. We have used circle cruises. Very good. Worth paying the small bit extra for the premium upstairs seating.

Intrepid and growler? Paying for the simulator rides in the main aircraft deck. Sitting under concordes wing to have a drink /picnic. That's bragging rights. Insta worthy for my kids anyway.

Climb sol if not done already - pre-book.

Ferry to Governor's island and a cycle around - it may be seasonal so best to check.

Highline and Vessel at Hudson Yards. Pre-book as above.

The Roosevelt Island tramway - didn't find the island that exciting but the tramway was interesting.

Apply for a Greeter. Best way to go by far.

bigapplegreeter/

Bit of time out at the Elevated acre. May not have crazy appeal to a 13 yo but a garden in the sky is insta worthy too apparently 😉

Edited at 12:13 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Highly recommend “The Ride” - great fun and very different. It’s difficult to describe but it’s basically a coach trip around the city with interactive pop-up performers. Don’t want to spoil it too much but it was a highlight for us
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Couple of weeks ago a taxi driver told us there was now a shopping outlets on Staten Island, just off the ferry. No idea if it was true or not, but might be worth a look.

Hudson Yards and The Vessel as others have mentioned - prebook Vessel tickets. I think The Edge (if I've got that right - google Hudson Yards) will be open by then - it's a viewing platform at the top of the new building there (the one that looks like the Avengers building) and looks amazing.