Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Jan 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Squeezing the most out of 6 days DDP

We are staying at POFQ for 6 nights in July this year. How can we get the most character meals out of our DDP?
Which meals would you recommend? We’ve only done cHef Mickeys for breakfast OOP.
We want to meet Mickey and Minnie, plus Anna and Elsa and as many other princesses as possible. My son is 12 though, and may find it all a bit weird! My children are also both very plain eaters, so plain fries, nuggets, chicken, pizza all the way- even pasta is a huge stretch.
Any recommendations greatly appreciated. We are going to have 6 days of caning the DDP, so need to be prepared.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
To get the most character meals you could use all 6 table service credits on character meals if you wanted. If you want the most characters then you probably only need to do a couple. I would suggest Akershus for princesses and Tusker House for Mickey etc. You could always add Crystal Palace for Pooh and friends.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

No Anna and Elsa on character dining.

TS are best used on lunch/dinner as breakfasts are cheaper.

Akershus dinner - pizza - princesses
Tusker House dinner - kids buffet - Mickey and gang
Storybook dining dinner - chicken - Snowwhite, Evil Queen, Dopey
1900 Park Fayre dinner - kids buffet - Cinderella, Prince Charming etc
Crystal Palace dinner - kids buffet - Pooh and the gang
Garden Grill dinner - check the menu first - Mickey, Pluto, Chip'n'Dale

Character Breakfasts pay OOP the best one that we did was Cape May.

Edited at 11:07 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
No Anna and Elsa on character dining.

TS are best used on lunch/dinner as breakfasts are cheaper.

Akershus dinner - pizza - princesses
Tusker House dinner - kids buffet - Mickey and gang
Storybook dining dinner - chicken - Snowwhite, Evil Queen, Dopey
1900 Park Fayre dinner - kids buffet - Cinderella, Prince Charming etc
Crystal Palace dinner - kids buffet - Pooh and the gang
Garden Grill dinner - check the menu first - Mickey, Pluto, Chip'n'Dale

Character Breakfasts pay OOP the best one that we did was Cape May.
Perfect info- thanks. I’ll look into them all.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
To get the most character meals you could use all 6 table service credits on character meals if you wanted. If you want the most characters then you probably only need to do a couple. I would suggest Akershus for princesses and Tusker House for Mickey etc. You could always add Crystal Palace for Pooh and friends.
I agree- 3 character meals is the best plan for us. Just upgrading to the DDP was cheaper than paying for 3 character meals OOP, including paying for the tip.
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

We have similar problem, but just doing five days. I’ve pencilled in five character meals, mostly because the children would like them and they seem best use of TA credits. Without sounding weird, do you get a chance to eat your meal or do characters keep coming and going. Do the talking characters hang around chatting- what do you say to them? I know my kids will go mute, I’ll end up having to do the talking and say something stupid.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Hel22
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by HermioneFuzzle View Post
We are staying at POFQ for 6 nights in July this year. How can we get the most character meals out of our DDP?
Which meals would you recommend? We’ve only done cHef Mickeys for breakfast OOP.
We want to meet Mickey and Minnie, plus Anna and Elsa and as many other princesses as possible. My son is 12 though, and may find it all a bit weird! My children are also both very plain eaters, so plain fries, nuggets, chicken, pizza all the way- even pasta is a huge stretch.
Any recommendations greatly appreciated. We are going to have 6 days of caning the DDP, so need to be prepared.
Just wanted to add another to consider, we really enjoyed Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al forno, rapunzel and Flynn rider, ariel and prince Eric. Our experience here was fab, good interaction, food and service.

Polynesian 2016
Beach Club and Royal Pacific 2019
Hel22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

We had 5 nights last summer, and did
Storybook Dining
Crystal Palace dinner
Tony’s lunch with parade package
Chef Mickey’s brunch
Garden Grill breakfast

I agree with the Bon Voyage recommendation too having done that on a previous trip. You could also consider Tusker House with Rivers of Light viewing or Hollywood and Vine with the Fantasmic package

The only meal of ours I would have done differently with hindsight was Tony’s, there was nothing wrong with it, but we could have easily got a good parade spot without it, and with limited dining credits there were other places I wanted that we left out
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

The buffet meals you are up and down for food while trying not to miss the characters. Those meals are not really relaxing at all until you have done all the characters but the kids like them. Crystal Palace is one the worst because if you miss a character you will have to wait quite a bit for them to revisit.

Most talking characters speak for about 30 secs-minute mostly small talk and when they have had enough they ask if you want a photo and leave.

BUT sometimes they can stick about. The Mad Hatter at 1900 breakfast stuck about for about 15 mins talking to the kids. He would not stop talking. He made us late for a very important date with a FP+. This is why we do loads of character dining you can get good stories to
tell, good photos and the kids love them.

Edited at 09:09 AM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
We have similar problem, but just doing five days. I’ve pencilled in five character meals, mostly because the children would like them and they seem best use of TA credits. Without sounding weird, do you get a chance to eat your meal or do characters keep coming and going. Do the talking characters hang around chatting- what do you say to them? I know my kids will go mute, I’ll end up having to do the talking and say something stupid.
They judge their interaction based on your reaction. As two adults we normally stand up for a photo and then they move on. We don’t really chat with them as I find that awkward. We don’t really do character meals anymore because of that. You do get plenty of time to eat though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List