Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Jan 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I booked my villa for May through Debbie's villas. They rung me Wednesday to say that the owner has put the villa up for sale, it may not sell by May or may sell and new owners will honor bookings or may not. They said I can wait or they will find me another villa of equal or better standard at no cost to me. I decided to move (they have given me a lovely 7 bedroom villa!)
I couldn't stand the stress of waiting to see if the villa sold or not, in your shoes I would ask for a full refund and rebook elsewhere. Good luck!
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Kokey77
Earning My Ears

See that's a great response, HA could not have cared less when I messaged them. Their view was basically well you'll get your money back, nevermind that we booked it a year ago, and anything of the size/bedroom layout we need is now either non existant or hugely expensive. Shame they don't do villas nearer to Tampa. Can anyone recommend any villa rental websites other than the usual HA, airbnb etc for the Tampa/Sarasota area?
Kokey77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
With foreclosures, there are different stages.

The owner gets offered a time period where they can try and sell the house to a new buyer to recover the debt owed to the bank. This is called a "short sale". It is stipulated by the bank and can be anywhere up to 6 months, which is possibly why the owner is still in possession?

If the property has been repossessed, the bank own it fully and no bookings will take place. It will then go to auction.

There is no guarantee that a new buyer will rent out.

I think it's pretty despicable of HA to allow owners to continue to market their property when it's for sale.

Personally, I would not be comfortable with that risk to wait and see if it sells before you're booking. Get your refund and find something else. You do not want to be 2 weeks out for example then have nothing.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

If the sale is pending it’s pretty certain to be closed by April. Mine took 6 weeks from start to finish when we bought it and that was without ever seeing it or bring in the country. If you can get your money back I would
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

The Op's problem is that everywhere on the Gulf Coast will be booked up.

Alright they can get their money back but finding somewhere else will be difficult.

When we had similar happen to us it took a few solid weeks of constant searching until we eventually lucked into a cancellation.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Kokey77
Earning My Ears

yes that's the problem, gulf coast availability is minimal for the number of rooms we need and dates we need (only 5 nights whereas some have min 7). Of course if the owner had been upfront with us months ago then there would have been a lot more choice. Looks like we're going to have to compromise on location and spend longer in the Orlando area with a looong trip to get to the beach. Unless I can persuade my mum that she really wants to spend £16500 on one I found on the gulf coast
Old 18 Jan 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy34
Imagineer

I have used..

Stay on Siesta.
The Cottages on the Key
Siesta 4 rent

These are for Siesta Key and Sarasota area, so I'm not sure if they will be of any use, but I can recommend them all.

I'm happy to help if you need any more info etc..🤗
Lindfields 2005, Hillcrest 2008, Sunset Ridge 2009, Windwood Bay 2011, Terrace Ridge 2013, Dallas Texas 2013, Bridgewater Crossing 2014, Terrace Ridge and Siesta Key June 2015, Siesta Key Nov 2015, Terrace Ridge June 2016, Sarasota Oct 2016, Sarasota and Siesta Key July 2017, Sarasota Oct 2017, Siesta Key June 2018, Siesta Key...Key West..Orlando Nov 2018, Siesta Key..Key West...Sarasota June 2019, Sarasota Oct 2019, Sarasota March 2020,

Edited at 03:06 PM.
Tracy34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Kokey77
Earning My Ears

brilliant, thank you for recommendations, will check them out and see what they have