Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Jan 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Plotting

Forward thinking - 2 couples travelling together.
Free QSDP in a moderate. 2 rooms.
Option 1 upgrade both to DDP $23.01 per person per night gives 4QS 4TS 8 snack cost $92.04 per night total
Option 2 upgrade 1 room to DxDDP $40.99 per person per night gives 4QS 6TS 8 snack cost $81.98 per night total.

Thoughts?
Old 17 Jan 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Only downside between 1 & 2 , in option 2 both couples have to eat every TS meal together as the DX is only on one rooms bands IYKWIM Look we've done holidays where the whole family have stayed together for everything but I was about pulling my hair out by the end & I would never do it again. Last year Ds & DGF were out with us but we left them to eat at places they wanted to try & still had 3/4 of our meals together.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR

Edited at 10:43 PM.
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Only downside between 1 & 2 , in option 2 both couples have to eat every TS meal together as the DX is only on one rooms bands IYKWIM Look we've done holidays where the whole family have stayed together for everything but I was about pulling my hair out by the end & I would never do it again. Last year Ds & DGF were out with us but we left them to eat at places they wanted to try & still had 3/4 of our meals together.
SD
You could get around that by putting one half of each couple in the upgraded room.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Just swap bands
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Yes we would just swap bands if we separated.
Old 17 Jan 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just remember that if you want to go in a park you need a fingerprint as well as the band to get in. If the machine won’t read they take your photo and store it when they reset your fingerprint.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

The DxDDP seems a good deal, especially since those 6TS credits will come with starters in addition to the entrees and desserts you’d get with Plan A. Obviously the extra meals AND extra courses will mean higher tips, but if you’re happy with that, I’d go for it.

You’ve probably already worked out that it will be easiest to share out the credits if you’re staying for an even number of nights, i.e. an odd number would mean you end up with 2 leftover credits to share between the four of you, whereas an even number of nights will split the credits equally between the four of you.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have you booked through Disney US that you’re pricing it in $$$?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Defo option 2. More for less, what’s to debate?
Swap one magic band after you’ve checked in and keep them for the 4 nights.
Ask for an old school room key card too so that everyone can open their own rooms.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just to shoot a small hole in your "just swap bands" that only works if couple no.2 don't want a TS meal as all TS meals are on the same room
Look I'm not saying don't do it, tbh it's the only time I would consider upgrading to DX
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List