Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jan 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

thanks for advice everyone much appreciated
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

I had a couple of Dubai stamps that were queried a few years ago. Said they were vacations and that was that. This was just after Trump got in.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
headpin
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by jstephens View Post
My partners work collegue can no longer visit the states as he visited Iraq which is on the list, this is what got her worrying
Surely all that means is that the colleague cannot apply for an ESTA, but needs to go for an interview and obtain a VISA?
headpin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by headpin View Post
Surely all that means is that the colleague cannot apply for an ESTA, but needs to go for an interview and obtain a VISA?
That’s what I was going to say. The colleague is not excluded from visiting the USA just excluded from an ESTA?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
That’s what I was going to say. The colleague is not excluded from visiting the USA just excluded from an ESTA?
Yes, I have numerous colleagues who have visited Sudan in the past for work; they no longer qualify for ESTAs for this reason but all have applied for, attended interviews with necessary documents, been granted visas without issue & travelled to the US.

Many in the forces & other industries are no longer eligible for ESTAs due to either service or working on reconstruction projects in Iraq but still take US holidays with visas.

Edited at 01:01 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jstephens View Post
thanks for advice everyone much appreciated
I have a slightly different situation (I was very unsure about how to answer the "arrested" question as I was arrested (long story) but not charged and wasn't sure if I should tick yes or no)... some on here said its yes, others said no due to the nature of it. I answered it in an honest manner (ticking no which I believed was correct) and when I arrived I was taken in for "Secondary". They took my passport for about 20minutes, called my name and stamped it and off I went.
b00110908 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

Parents went to Oman in 2014 stopped in the UAE on the way back to see Dubai. Have been to the States 3 times since. No questions asked and no problems.

I've been to Egypt (within the Siani which has ISIS fighters) before going to Florida with a full Egypt visa in my passport. No questions asked and no problems.
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyRoobs
slightly serious Dibber

DisneyRoobs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 15

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

I’ve been to Oman, Qatar & Bahrain & have never had issues with my ESTA or entry into the US

- Ash & Lucy's West Coast Adventure - Pre Trip Report
- Start Spreadin' the News: Christmas in NYC 2014 - Trip Report
- 10 Magical Years (Well, maybe 7 or so) Jan '13 Trip Report
- The Fanny-Packers Hit Florida Dec '11 Trip Report
DisneyRoobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List