Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Jan 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Champions Gate

Hi, just booked a villa in Champions Gate. Any advice on short cuts to Disney (to avoid i4 if possible), good restaurants that are kid friendly and general advice on the area.

Much appreciated,

John
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
pastylad
Excited about Disney

hi we usually stay in Sandy Ridge and generally use Old lake Wilson Road for Disney, we find it is good for missing the I4 junction where it can be very busy joining some mornings.
Old 18 Jan 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Yep. Go along the Ronald Reagan parkway to Old Lake Wilson Road. Travel up this until you reach the 192 then turn left onto it. Immediately turn right onto Sherbeth Road. Turn right at the traffic lights at the end of the road. This takes you straight up to the back of Animal Kingdom. If you want Animal Kingdom then go straight into the left hand lane as it’s not far till the turn for the car park. For any other park just follow the signs. It’s not as quiet as it used to be as so many people are now aware of this route but it’s good if the I4 is busy. Check google maps before you go as the I4 can sometimes be the best way to go.

Edited at 02:24 PM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Can't improve on the directions advice as we've never stayed there.

We do occasionally eat there though at Millers which is family friendly. Can recommend the chicken zingers mountain but we've learnt that the servings are far too large for a couple of 70+ year old diners. There's also Red Robin in the same block.

If you fancy a change from the likes of Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel and IHOP for breakfast then First Watch is good. Don't know if they still do it but sign up to their email club and get a BOGOF.

Mick
Old 18 Jan 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Our favourite place to stay.

Directions up to AK as above.

We also use Old Lake Wilson Road to four corners. Very quick. Off at 429 (toll) come off at Rolling oaks and all the restaurants are there.

Have found OLW road is getting busier though...

From Champions Gate itself go under the Gate, under the I4, straight on, towards Public at Ovation, OLW road is on your left at lights.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Amybelle88
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I’m here now in this area and the above route has been by far the best. Straight through to Animal Kingdom.

Restaurants around here are, of course, Denny’s, millers, rock and brews, chillis, cracker barrell, Applebee’s, Ford Garage, Sweet Tomatoes, Outback, Bob Evans, Perkins, IHOP as well as the usual McDonalds, Burger King, Chick Fil A, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Wendy’s, Hooters.

Also Coldstone, Menchies, Twistee Treats, Culvers.

It’s a lovely area - I really rate it in terms of being close to Disney but not too busy.
Old 18 Jan 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
As mentioned above Old Lake Wilson Road, left onto Sinclair Rd and take the 429 to the western entrance to WDW.
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Cheers all. Glad to hear it’s a good choice of area. Wanted to try somewhere else as had been at Bella Vida and Highgate Park previously.
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I would check Google maps etc before you set off every morning. None of the routes mentioned are guaranteed to be the best and it also depends where exactly you are in Championsgate. I4 is often quickest anyway.
Old 19 Jan 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hi, I’ve got sat nav with live traffic updates to guide me. Will check google maps before we set off to double check.