Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Jan 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LouBull
Having Dinner with Goofy

LouBull's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Tips on planning ADRs!

Hi all

Planning a trip for 12 people of mixed ages for this July and our ADRs will be able to be booked from Sunday I believe. Can you give me advice on how you organise your ADRs, without knowing where or when fast passes will be. Do you plan which parks and then work from there? Or how else do you do it? Also how do you get around any changes you may have to make? Any help gratefully received thanks
LouBull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

We start from the busy day guide to get the parks first then make as many ADRs as possible to allow for unexpected crowds or change of mind. The downside of this is that you have to cancel ADRs each day and I don't like doing admin on holiday.

It's never a problem getting FPs to match if you get them early enough.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

I look at where I would like to eat and make a reservation. If, when I make my FP’s I need to change them I will. I rarely make ADR’s for the whole trip often making them on the day.
In almost 30 years of trips I have never missed eating where I wanted to and have never starved!
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
LouBull
Having Dinner with Goofy

LouBull's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
I look at where I would like to eat and make a reservation. If, when I make my FP’s I need to change them I will. I rarely make ADR’s for the whole trip often making them on the day.
In almost 30 years of trips I have never missed eating where I wanted to and have never starved!
My only worry is that we are a party of 12. If it was just us 4 I would be less concerned, especially as it would only be me organising. 🙈😂😂!
LouBull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LouBull View Post
My only worry is that we are a party of 12. If it was just us 4 I would be less concerned, especially as it would only be me organising. 🙈😂😂!
Yes, I suppose a party of 12 would be more difficult to accommodate.
Will you all eat together every day?
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
LouBull
Having Dinner with Goofy

LouBull's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
Yes, I suppose a party of 12 would be more difficult to accommodate.
Will you all eat together every day?
I’m not sure, meeting up tomorrow to try and get a bit of planning done. I can see us splitting maybe a few times, plus with parties of 6 upwards the tip is automatically applied 18% isn’t it? So may help with getting this cost down too?
Old 18 Jan 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m not sure, meeting up tomorrow to try and get a bit of planning done. I can see us splitting maybe a few times, plus with parties of 6 upwards the tip is automatically applied 18% isn’t it? So may help with getting this cost down too?
I mean this in the nicest way 18% tip is the minimum expected anyway (for good service the expected tip is between 20-22%, 18% is more for standard) so splitting the tables into groups of less than 6 is pointless. If you receive bad service then ask to speak to a manager otherwise 18% is the expected tip.
Old 18 Jan 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LouBull
Having Dinner with Goofy

LouBull's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
I mean this in the nicest way 18% tip is the minimum expected anyway (for good service the expected tip is between 20-22%, 18% is more for standard) so splitting the tables into groups of less than 6 is pointless. If you receive bad service then ask to speak to a manager otherwise 18% is the expected tip.
I totally agree in tipping, especially for those who go above with service and always do so. The only times where I don’t agree are situations like chef Mickey. We went there, and as it’s buffet style served ourselves, and were brought 1 drink each yet still expected to pay $45 in a tip?
Old 19 Jan 20, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

I totally agree in tipping, especially for those who go above with service and always do so. The only times where I don’t agree are situations like chef Mickey. We went there, and as it’s buffet style served ourselves, and were brought 1 drink each yet still expected to pay $45 in a tip?
You might not agree with it but I’ve worked in the US and your server will have been taxed on the tip expected at 18%. So will have possibly lost money on you not tipping correctly. I always say to people that if they don’t agree then to consider not eating at the buffet restaurants or sticking to QS only. When planning a stay in the US it is always sensible to budget tips into the cost too.
Old 19 Jan 20, 05:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
You might not agree with it but I’ve worked in the US and your server will have been taxed on the tip expected at 18%. So will have possibly lost money on you not tipping correctly. I always say to people that if they don’t agree then to consider not eating at the buffet restaurants or sticking to QS only. When planning a stay in the US it is always sensible to budget tips into the cost too.
I am not questioning your comments on tipping culture as I don’t want to get into that. But as an accountant of 28 years standing and with wide international experience, I was in the past very curious and surprised to read a similar statement about servers being taxed on tips that they have not received. It sounded odd to me, tax doesn’t normally work like that. Why would the IRS even know the total value of meals the particular server has served? What reporting would be in place to gather this data?

Well it sounded very peculiar to me and as I am very good at reading and understanding matters of tax and accounting, I decided to research this.

You can rest assured that it absolutely is not true. The server will not be taxed on assumed tips, they will be taxed on actual tips, tips that the server chooses to declare, and will not be losing money. If you paid tax on money you did not receive then I am sorry to say, but you were ill advised as you definitely didn’t need to.

OP, I noted your comment on tips at buffets. I get that you serve yourself to an extent, but I have seen servers at Disney buffets absolutely rushed off their feet and definitely working just as hard as those at other restaurants.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List