Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Jan 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
LouBull
Having Dinner with Goofy

LouBull's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am not questioning your comments on tipping culture as I don’t want to get into that. But as an accountant of 28 years standing and with wide international experience, I was in the past very curious and surprised to read a similar statement about servers being taxed on tips that they have not received. It sounded odd to me, tax doesn’t normally work like that. Why would the IRS even know the total value of meals the particular server has served? What reporting would be in place to gather this data?

Well it sounded very peculiar to me and as I am very good at reading and understanding matters of tax and accounting, I decided to research this.

You can rest assured that it absolutely is not true. The server will not be taxed on assumed tips, they will be taxed on actual tips, tips that the server chooses to declare, and will not be losing money. If you paid tax on money you did not receive then I am sorry to say, but you were ill advised as you definitely didn’t need to.

OP, I noted your comment on tips at buffets. I get that you serve yourself to an extent, but I have seen servers at Disney buffets absolutely rushed off their feet and definitely working just as hard as those at other restaurants.
To be honest, I think my original post about Adrs has got lost amongst a discussion about tipping! As I have stated, I always tip So this didn’t need to be brought into question. I do understand that this can be a sensitive subject, especially to those who may have worked in the industry. I have no intention of going to Florida and not tipping correctly, as I have the previous times I have visited.
I suppose I can see how my comment may have come across, but this wasn’t how I intended it.

Thank you for your comment though as it has made me think about the buffet style and reason behind tipping, and also answering the tax issue as being a business owner not an accountant I couldn’t agree or disagree with that!
LouBull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Going back to the original question..

I will have done a spreadsheet and decided which days to start at which park. I don’t use busy day guides although I will note down where the EMHs fall (I won’t necessarily go to EMH but I like to know when they are on). I pick which park more or less at random, although I will probably go to MK first day and Epcot the second day, this is primarily to delay HS and AK so I have better chance of hard to get fastpasses.

Once I know what parks, I will start to slot in the ADRs at the restaurants I have picked out. I have never had any issues booking fast passes later on.

My fastpasses will generally be booked in the mornings so after breakfast and well before dinner so no potential for crossover with ADRs. If I decide to do a lunch ADR, I would book it fir any time after 12:30 which will give me plenty of time to do three fast passes first.

I think there has only been one time when I have had to move an ADR because of FP availability, that was when I couldn’t get Slinky Dog until my last day of a five day trip do had to swap two park days over and cancel the ADR I had booked in one of them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
LouBull
Having Dinner with Goofy

LouBull's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Going back to the original question..

I will have done a spreadsheet and decided which days to start at which park. I don’t use busy day guides although I will note down where the EMHs fall (I won’t necessarily go to EMH but I like to know when they are on). I pick which park more or less at random, although I will probably go to MK first day and Epcot the second day, this is primarily to delay HS and AK so I have better chance of hard to get fastpasses.

Once I know what parks, I will start to slot in the ADRs at the restaurants I have picked out. I have never had any issues booking fast passes later on.

My fastpasses will generally be booked in the mornings so after breakfast and well before dinner so no potential for crossover with ADRs. If I decide to do a lunch ADR, I would book it fir any time after 12:30 which will give me plenty of time to do three fast passes first.

I think there has only been one time when I have had to move an ADR because of FP availability, that was when I couldn’t get Slinky Dog until my last day of a five day trip do had to swap two park days over and cancel the ADR I had booked in one of them.
Thank you, that’s kind of how I thought to do them. It’s my third time to visit Disney, but the first time we upgraded 6 weeks before going so didn’t really plan and then did a villa the 2nd time!

Thanks for the help, lots of planning this afternoon 😀
LouBull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

I plan which parks I'm going to visit first. I use the crowd calendars but as I'm staying onsite I want to use EMH and I do find some of them say different things. I also have a list of restaurants we want to visit and slot them in. I try and visit Disney parks twice and usually once in the morning and once in the afternoon/evening to cover fireworks. I haven't had a problem booking fast passes in the past.
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List