Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jan 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Help deciding first 2 nights! Rosen Shingle Creek, AKL, Hilton or Dolphin?

Hi

We are flying into Tampa and had planned on studying in Clearwater for the first 2 nights (2a,2c 13 & 16). Prices are so expensive for Clearwater (£500+a night) that I think we are going to go strict to Orlando - a bit annoying as wanted to do Busch.

Options are:

1) add an extra 2 nights to put 5 night booking at Dolphin for £400 to save moving
2) Rosen Shingle Creek for £226 and an extra £70 for club access - is that worth it, anyone done it?
3) £300 for Hilton Orlando - lazy river 👍
4) Animal Kingdom Lodge £450 - I love it there.

Only got 2 day hoppers with 3 water parks so can't just go in /out of parks at will...

Wwyd?
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My first thought was the Dolphin to save moving and be close to Epcot and DHS but without park tickets to take advantage I’m not so sure. Without enough park tickets I don’t know that I’d stay at AKL either. For me, I’d have to think about what I was going to do for those two days and choose based on that.
Of course 2 day Disney tickets would never be enough for me!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Rosen Shingle Creek is my favourite hotel and I’ve stayed there 4 times. I’ve only had standard rooms so I don’t know what extras you get from club level but I think you’d be satisfied with standard for your 2 days.

I can’t compare to the other hotels as I haven’t stayed at them.

Edited at 05:04 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Rosen Shingle Creek is my favourite hotel and I’ve stayed there 4 times. I’ve only had standard rooms so I don’t know what extras you get from club level but I think you’d be satisfied with standard for your 2 days.

I can’t compare to the other hotels as I haven’t stayed at them.
That's great to hear you like the hotel 👍

Apparently the rooms are the same but you have access to the club room which does all day /evening drinks, tea and coffee, snacks like cereal, pastries in the morning and finger food in the evening etc. Thought that might suit us as getting there late we will be tired so snacks might be enough, and the first day or two we will just chill at the pool, go for dinner etc so to have free drinks all day would be useful - I think!?!
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
My first thought was the Dolphin to save moving and be close to Epcot and DHS but without park tickets to take advantage I’m not so sure. Without enough park tickets I don’t know that I’d stay at AKL either. For me, I’d have to think about what I was going to do for those two days and choose based on that.
Of course 2 day Disney tickets would never be enough for me!
I know what you mean. I haven't decided which 2 days to go to Disney yet as waiting on booking fp's to see...

Think I'm leaning to off-site...
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Have you thought about renting DVC points to make AKL cheaper? We stayed 2 nights there 1 after our tickets ran out and it was great, loads going on, pool was good too. If you've got a car you don't pay to park with dvc either.
MrsEgg is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
Have you thought about renting DVC points to make AKL cheaper? We stayed 2 nights there 1 after our tickets ran out and it was great, loads going on, pool was good too. If you've got a car you don't pay to park with dvc either.
Yes we have but our nights were fully booked 😕. Tbh I thought £220ish a night for AKL want too bad? But being sensible (I have a soft spot for AKL..) it doesn't make sense to stay there. We just want a couple of pool days and there are better pools off site...
Old 20 Jan 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

We have stayed at Rosen Shingle Creek, it is a fabulous hotel. The pool areas are lovely with a choice of pools. They have a nature trail round the golf course, though the snakes and gators signs made me nervous, but never saw any thank goodness. I don't think you would be disappointed with the hotel . It has a good selection of restaurants too.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List