Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jan 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
arm5ky
Getting Excited

Cheap Price Thread | Summer School Holidays 2020

I'm finding the other thread a real pain in that there are loads of posts about flights outside of school holidays with no information.

Another thing, paying for luggage separate. why is that a thing for long haul.

I'm checking every day.

Why not put your school hol flights required in and use this thread just for alerts of school holiday flights.

My dates are 02,03 or 04 Aug to 21st,22nd or 23rd Aug. I'll fly from anywhere to anywhere.

Edited at 03:45 PM.
arm5ky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
geewhiz
slightly serious Dibber

geewhiz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
School holidays are all different though so what’s outside the holidays for one person isn’t for another, yours is an example of that as our schools are back before your return dates!

I think the flights without luggage are all about appearing at the top of search engines like Skyscanner etc.

Edited at 05:20 PM.
geewhiz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Graciesmummy
Getting Excited

We've been spoilt in previous years and got some really good deals, prices this year are crazy? our dates are 17th or 18th of Aug needing to be back by 1st of Sept.
2001 Orlando and St Petes. 2002 Orlando. 2004 LA and Vegas. 2005 Vegas wedding and NYC honeymoon. 2007 Washington and RCI cruise. 2008 Vegas. 2009 Disney Anaheim. 2011 Miami and carnival cuise and Vegas. 2013 Miami and Carnival Cruise. 2015 Orlando and Cruise.
Graciesmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Tappy
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

16th - 30th August
Manchester preferred but anywhere that’s cheapest!
Tappy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

The July/AugustSeptember thread ?
I don’t see anything that says it’s only for school holiday dates (and as rightly pointed out dates vary anyway).

As for hand baggage only fares, BA’s carry on allowance is 20kg , plenty of people don’t need anymore than that ... how many pairs of shorts and t shirts does one family need ? 80kg for a family of four (plus a personal item as well) is an awful lot of allowance.

My wedding apart in multiple long haul trips each year I haven’t needed to check bags in over ten years. Lots of people don’t see any need to pay extra for checked bags regardless of if it’s included or not.
Even if I’m planning a lot of shopping I just pack a large nylon hold-all that is used for the return flight only for dirty Landry, never costs more than £50 the new stuff goes in the carry on cases.
Most people overpack , but maybe I would too if I’d paid £100 plus per person to be able to check luggage

Now what really annoys ME is when people quote a total figure for a family without specifying how many people it’s for so it’s completely impossible to see what sort of a deal it is LOL

Originally Posted by arm5ky View Post
I'm finding the other thread a real pain in that there are loads of posts about flights outside of school holidays with no information.

Another thing, paying for luggage separate. why is that a thing for long haul.

I'm checking every day.

Why not put your school hol flights required in and use this thread just for alerts of school holiday flights.

My dates are 02,03 or 04 Aug to 21st,22nd or 23rd Aug. I'll fly from anywhere to anywhere.

Edited at 01:51 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
The July/AugustSeptember thread ?
I don’t see anything that says it’s only for school holiday dates (and as rightly pointed out dates vary anyway).

As for hand baggage only fares, BA’s carry on allowance is 20kg , plenty of people don’t need anymore than that ... how many pairs of shorts and t shirts does one family need ? 80kg for a family of four (plus a personal item as well) is an awful lot of allowance.

My wedding apart in multiple long haul trips each year I haven’t needed to check bags in over ten years. Lots of people don’t see any need to pay extra for checked bags regardless of if it’s included or not.
Even if I’m planning a lot of shopping I just pack a large nylon hold-all that is used for the return flight only for dirty Landry, never costs more than £50 the new stuff goes in the carry on cases.
Most people overpack , but maybe I would too if I’d paid £100 plus per person to be able to check luggage

Now what really annoys ME is when people quote a total figure for a family without specifying how many people it’s for so it’s completely impossible to see what sort of a deal it is LOL
To be fair to OP there has always been just a Cheap/Glitch flights thread for just school holidays before and it’s worked very well. Yes dates vary for most around the country but it’s still roughly the middle of July up until the first week of September.
Although you’re right in that the other thread doesn’t specify exactly the school hols but it is very frustrating when you get notifications through constantly thinking there will be a great flight price then you find out it’s for the end of September so no use whatsoever to us with kids still at school or you work within one.
BA’s hand luggage is 23kg which although is very generous have you tried to get that amount in a small cabin case and then lift it over your head into the storage compartments? I for one will always need checked luggage as I like to shop too much 😉

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 02:09 AM  
Link to this Post
arm5ky
Getting Excited

If you don't mind rubbish connections flights for mid aug to end are cheap:

Manchester to Orlando

Edited at 02:10 AM.
arm5ky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Msc255
Looking for my Ears

Prices seem to fluctuate so much - I’m going 22/07 - 12/08 and the cheapest I can get for Lon - MCO for 3350k ! Holding out for feb in the hope prices will dip after the new year.
Msc255 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I just booked with United airlines indirect flights but good connections 12-30th August £1700 for 2 adults 1 teen and 2 children inc seat bookings and hold luggage!
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mine finish earlier than most I think, we finish on Wednesday 15th so I’m taking the youngest (9) out for 2 days, the eldest leaves in May doing GCSE’s and we need to be back for results day and open days for college is 7th August so left us with a small gap for the holiday! Anyhow we have booked!

Gatwick to Orlando direct return 14-29 July
Group W car with Avis
3 nights Rosen Shingle Creek
4 people (2 adults 2 children 9 & 15)
£2800

Booked with BA holidays

£620 for Discovery Cove non swim ultimates with Seaworld Aquatica Busch and parking
£900 Bahama Bay condo 12 nights.

Pretty happy with that. We’re giving Disney a miss this year we are all Disney’d Out and exploring more of Florida 😁
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List