Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jan 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Shazzabelle
VIP Dibber

Loving this thread! I am going for the first time on Feb 8th for 5 nights and cannot wait xx

DISNEYLAND PARIS TRIPS - March 2006 DLP Sante Fe DD Birthday Trip, June 2007 DLP Disneyland Hotel DS Birthday Trip, Feb 09 Cheyenne Grandmas 60th BDay, Aug 12 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Aug 15 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Dec 17 Cheyene 1st Xmas at DLP!, Oct/Nov 18 Sequoia Lodge 1st H'ween at DLP!
FLORIDA TRIPS - Aug 2004 Bahama Bay Honeymoon, Aug 2006 Hampton Lakes 2nd Wedd Ann, Sept/Oct 2008 POR (1st MNSSHP!), Jul/Aug 17 RPR/POR, May/Jun 18 ASS/IDrive/HRH, Aug 22 Me50/DD21/DS18 US&Somewhere on the 192
Shazzabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shazzabelle View Post
Loving this thread! I am going for the first time on Feb 8th for 5 nights and cannot wait xx
We will be there then as well Hope you have a really wonderful time.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Shazzabelle
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
We will be there then as well Hope you have a really wonderful time.
You too !

DISNEYLAND PARIS TRIPS - March 2006 DLP Sante Fe DD Birthday Trip, June 2007 DLP Disneyland Hotel DS Birthday Trip, Feb 09 Cheyenne Grandmas 60th BDay, Aug 12 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Aug 15 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Dec 17 Cheyene 1st Xmas at DLP!, Oct/Nov 18 Sequoia Lodge 1st H'ween at DLP!
FLORIDA TRIPS - Aug 2004 Bahama Bay Honeymoon, Aug 2006 Hampton Lakes 2nd Wedd Ann, Sept/Oct 2008 POR (1st MNSSHP!), Jul/Aug 17 RPR/POR, May/Jun 18 ASS/IDrive/HRH, Aug 22 Me50/DD21/DS18 US&Somewhere on the 192
Shazzabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Smithlane what was hubbys reaction when you told him about Vegas? Is it his birthday while you are in Vegas?

Edited at 01:34 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Smithlane what was hubbys reaction when you told him about Vegas? Is it his birthday while you are in Vegas?
Hi Jo, he was totally gobsmacked! Thank you for asking. His birthday was on the 30th December so he found out then, I ordered him a scratch card that revealed where we were going. Not long for us to go now . Starting to think about packing and I have no clue what clothes to take! Is it jeans and t-shirt, or summer dress, or shorts and vest or jeans and wooly jumper . What do you suggest as you've been at this time of year before?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Hi Jo, he was totally gobsmacked! Thank you for asking. His birthday was on the 30th December so he found out then, I ordered him a scratch card that revealed where we were going. Not long for us to go now . Starting to think about packing and I have no clue what clothes to take! Is it jeans and t-shirt, or summer dress, or shorts and vest or jeans and wooly jumper . What do you suggest as you've been at this time of year before?
Glad he enjoyed his surprise. No not long at all. If I had to jump in and say take one or the other give shorts a miss. The temps have been quite cool at the moment in Vegas but of course that could change. We have had nice warm days, then quite chilly days with showers. I would go with jeans/trousers, t-shirts then something to layer over if its chilly at night. Definitely take a light jacket. We once sat at Mirage pool, just to have a drink really, and it was warm. Other times we have had jeans t-shirt and a coat. Not really cold as such but chilly in the evenings. Sorry not much help really
Hope you enjoy it all. Just one word of advice...I wouldn't set in stone where you are eating, as sometimes looking around takes a lot longer than you think. You cant really believe the distances between one hotel to another until you are there. I would pick places you definitely want to do and if you fit the rest in thats all good. If you like Hash House there is one in the Linq, and if you sign up online through FB, you get a BOGF meal. Perhaps you know that. Ocean One bar and grill inside Miracle Mile do a brekkie and lunch special for about $5. Its very nice with waiter service, tablecloths etc so not fast food. You can also get 3 cocktails for $10! Good choice of food as well.
If I can be of any further help just let me know. We have just booked to go back the end of May... cant wait.
Old 16 Jan 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks Jo that’s all really helpful! I will be taking note of those restaurants. The ones I have planned definitely aren’t set in stone, the chances are the whole itinerary will go out of the window once we’re there 😂.
Wow you must really love it there, good for you. Have a great holiday both times!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thanks Jo that’s all really helpful! I will be taking note of those restaurants. The ones I have planned definitely aren’t set in stone, the chances are the whole itinerary will go out of the window once we’re there 😂.
Wow you must really love it there, good for you. Have a great holiday both times!
I do and never thought I would. Hope you have a fantastic time... if you need any help in the meantime just ask
Old 16 Jan 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

Have you factored in going to all the hotels, they are all so big and themed. We went to the North and South outlets, one is better than the other but I cannot remember which. we spent all day at Red Rock Canyon to do it justice, not sure what you would do for half a day. The shows are fantastic as well and so are some of the buffets in the hotels. Hoover Dam can be an all day thing and driving to the Grand Canyon will take around 6 hours, we took a helicopter tour but our son went on the coach, he was gone 15 hours just to the Grand Canyon. You will need to factor in traffic as well as Vegas is a huge place and getting to the hoover dam is over 100 miles.