Notices

Old 12 Jul 18, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
EvilQueen1937
Proud to wear my Ears

Cast Member Charlotte (Disney's CEP 2018!) Day 25

Hello everyone! I've got a few moments free so I'm going to do my write up for Wednesday 😀

I had a lazy morning because of my plans to stay out in the parks late, I didn't want to burn myself out. I met with Taylor, one of my housemates, at about 1:30pm at Epcot because she'd promised we could go for lunch at the Rose & Crown because of how much I've been missing food from home! Coincidentally, England were playing Croatia at 2pm so it was perfect timing, and really made me feel closer to home. I nattered to all the cast members who worked there - they are all part of the cultural representative program, and are here at Disney for a year representing the UK!

I got sausage and mash, which is one of my favourite meals back and home. And I have to say, it was blooming delicious. Best meal I've had so far whilst in the US. I was expecting the British food to be very Americanised but they did a good job!

For the first time since arriving at Disney, I ate every last scrap of my meal and enjoyed every mouthful. I was keeping track of the football score while sat eating too, and although I usually hate football, even I couldn't help but get excited for England, and let out a big cheer when they scored. I could hear the British cast members in the kitchen celebrating too!

I got my picture taken with the flag when we left. At this point we were still hopeful that football was coming home! Taylor and I went on Mission Space and I was a nervous wreck waiting for the game to end and England to win. We just got 90 minutes when I had to get onto the ride, and then I couldn't get wifi for ages after so was on pins! We went onto test track, and after a while waiting the score was finally in and I was disappointed to see that we lost! I can go back to not giving a toss about football now it's over, but they did me proud! From all of us here over the pond, well done England!

Taylor left the park at 6 ish to go to bed, and I got on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom!

I had been eyeing up this beautiful necklace from Uptown Jewelers on Main Street for a good while. Before I left, each of my grandparents gave me a bit of money, so I've been saving it to buy something nice! Because of that and my cast discount, I was able to afford this beautiful necklace, and was excited to show all my grandparents what I got with their money 😀

If you can see, my chest looks all blotchy in this picture, that will be the rash from my costume! Three of my five shirts are brand new and never been worn before, so they're all stiff and scratchy, and itch like hell when I'm working! They're going to need washing a few times before they soften up!

Here's a closer look at my new necklace for those interested. I first saw it on one of my leaders, and new straight away it was made for me!

I had another Plaza ice cream sunday shortly afterwards, and used my fast passes for Pirates and Buzz Light-year. I also went on the Haunted Mansion (of course) and when I emerged, the fireworks were starting!

I watched the fireworks from right in front of my favourite ride, and it was a great view! I got some stonking photos too.

Here's the finale, the sky lit up the Haunted Mansion, it was fab! I went straight back on when it finished, then nipped into Momento Mori to see if they had got any new merch. I found a little metal folding model of the mansion which I bought to make when I get home. I was warned that it takes a good few hours but I have the patience of a saint when it comes to anything crafty, so I'm looking forward to building it for my bedroom!

I stayed for extra magic hours and went on the Haunted Mansion for a third time that night. The Cast Member that was running it was brilliant, he was so perfectly in character! I saw he was from the UK and knew he must be an ICP like me, but didn't want to interrupt him and cause him to break character! He later commented on my Instagram pictures and I realised who he was, I've been nattering to him for months on the group chats but never met him in real life! He was a fantastic host for the Haunted Mansion!

That pretty much sums up my day, just lots of playing in the parks! I got home at 2am but wasn't ready to sleep yet so played on my phone, talking to people at home who were just starting to wake up. My parents have landed safely in Cuba and they are now on the same time zone as myself, but have extremely limited internet because of Cuba's infrastructure.

Today I'm working from 3:30 onwards, so I'm currently killing time before I have to get the bus! I needed to go to Publix this morning but woke up too late, as it wasn't worth the risk with the awful bus service we have here.

I also got my exam results off my university! I've had an unbelievably difficult year both physically and emotionally, after having glandular fever during first term, university strikes in second term, and dealing with a wicked bully in third term! The university had advised me not to sit my exams until August, to try and give me time to recover. However, I knew I'd be in Disney and there wasn't a cat in hell's chance I was missing out, so I pushed through and did the best I could given the circumstances. And miraculously, I STILL GOT A FIRST! The lowest mark I got in my exams was a B+, which I can't quite believe given my mental state at the time! I'm absolutely over the moon that I've managed to maintain my high grades for another year, and I'm now feeling more prepared to tackle third year and my dissertation! I burst into tears of shock when I read my results and poor Delphine was so alarmed, she came rushing over all concerned! 😂 I would go out for a drink to celebrate but alas, I'm only 20 years old! I can't even go to the parks to celebrate because I'm working for the foreseeable future 😂😂😂

So yeah, thank you all for sticking with me all this time, I will do my next report in a few days when I have done a few shifts! I forgot to say in my post the other day, I took my "earning my ears" ribbon off my CM badge so I've been plodding on as a fully fledged cast member! I'm just waiting for costuming to finish making my new badge, which will say "Rossendale, England" instead of just United Kingdom.

Have a great day everyone! 😀

Remember, you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine!
EvilQueen1937 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by EvilQueen1937 - 12 Jul 18 6:55 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 18, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

Congratulations on your fantastic results!
I really love your new necklace too. 💖
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Clonlea
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Congratulations that’s fab results in your exams! My first Disney day is Monday so will b looking out for you!
Clonlea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Congratulations on your uni results, you must have worked really hard!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jengibbo
Excited about Disney

My first badge said ‘Riverpool’ instead of ‘Liverpool’ that caused some funny questions.
jengibbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by jengibbo View Post
My first badge said ‘Riverpool’ instead of ‘Liverpool’ that caused some funny questions.
this made me laugh...was it the accent that confused the Americans?

Edited at 07:54 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Another fantastic day at the parks and well done on your First especially with all that you had going on.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Well done on your results. Sounds like a fun day
Old 12 Jul 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Well done on your exam results.
I didn't realise that Disney did the metal earth 3d models. My sons love them, one has all the Harry Potter ones. Can I be cheeky and ask how much it was?