Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Nov 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Funnily enough I e-mailed our ta this morning and they responded "its 331 days from departure date before you can get your flight ref". We are flying with Virgin next October.

Edited at 03:05 PM. Reason: More info
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
Funnily enough I e-mailed our ta this morning and they responded "its 331 days from departure date before you can get your flight ref". We are flying with Virgin next October.
Very interesting. They must have definitely changed procedure then. It's not clear at all and surely can't be good for them as they'll be getting inundated with same queries...
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I had exact same situation earlier in the year unfortunately. No ref on VH booking page. I ended up speaking with VA early evening on date of release and they were quick enough to give me the reference.

My VA ref didn't appear on my booking until several months later!
Old 19 Nov 18, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by zdickens View Post
I’ve got a package booked with VH and in my “manage your booking” I’ve got 2 dates for selecting seats for next November. 10 and 24 December.
I also have the same problem. On manage my booking front page it says seats can be booked 19th Nov , inside states 24th.
Looking forward to Saturday to see what happens, but hoping will be smooth not like the booking fiasco we had at the beginning
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
I had exact same situation earlier in the year unfortunately. No ref on VH booking page. I ended up speaking with VA early evening on date of release and they were quick enough to give me the reference.

My VA ref didn't appear on my booking until several months later!
Wow that's ridiculous. VH UK customer service are adamant you can't get VA flight ref until return date. I called VA and ended up getting the same unhelpful lady twice who was quite condescending tbh (told me to be patient and the plane won't fill up in a few days to which I said that's not the point we will miss out on good seats).

VA couldn't help me at all but I'm going to try again this evening. May even try the flying club team.
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Trebor1 View Post
Wow that's ridiculous. VH UK customer service are adamant you can't get VA flight ref until return date. I called VA and ended up getting the same unhelpful lady twice who was quite condescending tbh (told me to be patient and the plane won't fill up in a few days to which I said that's not the point we will miss out on good seats).

VA couldn't help me at all but I'm going to try again this evening. May even try the flying club team.
story was for me:

VH ref did not appear 331 days out off outbound flight... contacted VH and was told that VA had not allocated references yet as flight was not on the system and to check back in a few hours... I checked back with VH and told still nothing yet and could take several days... Having searched for the flight on VA site I found that I could book a seat and ultimately pick a seat too so something didn't add up... I contacted VA and they did a quick search and gave me my ref number there and then. Unfortunately the bubble seats we wanted had already been booked up. This is the same ref for both flights so used this 14 days later for our inbound journey.

VH were not much help unfortunately.

Would try and push through VA again!
Old 19 Nov 18, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
story was for me:

VH ref did not appear 331 days out off outbound flight... contacted VH and was told that VA had not allocated references yet as flight was not on the system and to check back in a few hours... I checked back with VH and told still nothing yet and could take several days... Having searched for the flight on VA site I found that I could book a seat and ultimately pick a seat too so something didn't add up... I contacted VA and they did a quick search and gave me my ref number there and then. Unfortunately the bubble seats we wanted had already been booked up. This is the same ref for both flights so used this 14 days later for our inbound journey.

VH were not much help unfortunately.

Would try and push through VA again!
Thanks. Will try again. What a shambles though. VH clearly don't know what they're talking about...
Old 19 Nov 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Thanks. Will try again. What a shambles though. VH clearly don't know what they're talking about...
Sad to say I wouldn't touch VH with a bargepole. VA is excellent I find.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Plot thickens. Gone on VA website before calling and the proposed flight we are meant to be on is not there. We're meant to be on 12.45pm 16th October 19 but it's only showing the 9.30am flight. I'm wondering if that's why I have no flight ref yet..
Old 19 Nov 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Plot thickens. Gone on VA website before calling and the proposed flight we are meant to be on is not there. We're meant to be on 12.45pm 16th October 19 but it's only showing the 9.30am flight. I'm wondering if that's why I have no flight ref yet..
5 days later and that’s my flight.
Good luck hope you quickly sorted
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List