Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Nov 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Norwegian 787-9 seat map to FLL?

Ive booked a flight from LGW-FLL next August but fairly confused over the seat map. When I booked, the seat map was different to the plane layouts on the Norwegian website. The seat map websites differ too. I have booked rows 10 & 11 ABC but on some maps row 10 is with row 9, then the exit, then row 11. On others, row 9 is emergency exit and then all other rows as normal behind.

Has anyone flown on this plane? Don't want to be separated from the kids! The seat map when I booked put rows 10 & 11 together, not split by the exit.
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
buzzbuzz
VIP Dibber

Hi, I am booked on this flight in March and my seat plan shows economy starting at 9 with no gaps going back. 9 and 10 have 3 seats and 11 starts the full line across 3-4-3. Hope this helps.
buzzbuzz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Unlikely so far ahead but be careful you're not on the wet lease plane, they've started using it on the FLL route I believe. Maybe where the confusion over row numbers has come from.

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by buzzbuzz View Post
Hi, I am booked on this flight in March and my seat plan shows economy starting at 9 with no gaps going back. 9 and 10 have 3 seats and 11 starts the full line across 3-4-3. Hope this helps.
Yes that's what mine showed so hoping it's correct. The plane layouts when you go on their website shows something different. The chat guy at Norwegian says it's correct and they haven't updated their website. It says it's the 787-9 so hoping they'll not be changing it to the old plane!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
buzzbuzz
VIP Dibber

Hi, I assume there is nothing we can do if they do change the plane? , but this was one of the main reasons I booked with Norwegian in the first place. fingers crossed...
buzzbuzz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
harber78
Excited about Disney

Just to reassure everybody the Dreamliners that Norwegian have are new and the problem they and a lot of other airlines including BA are having is that Rolls Royce are taking far longer than they were told to fix a issue with the Dreamliner engine.

I was travelling to Denver on a Dreamliner next week but I received an email asking me to contact them as they were having to lease planes from Wavos due to the delay and wavos planes had poor entertainment. I was informed I could accept change or receive a full refund. I accepted a refund and got a refund in a week as they couldn’t guarantee that I would be seated in premium as wavos only had 10 premium seats as opposed to 35 on Norwegian. They informed me if I was downgraded I would receive a 75 per cent refund but I wasn’t prepared to take that risk so asked for refund.

I think they were very fair about it and a lot of airlines wouldn’t offer a refund and just expect you to accept change.

I have booked with them for next summer and am sure the Dreamliner issue will be sorted by then.
harber78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by harber78 View Post
Just to reassure everybody the Dreamliners that Norwegian have are new and the problem they and a lot of other airlines including BA are having is that Rolls Royce are taking far longer than they were told to fix a issue with the Dreamliner engine.

I was travelling to Denver on a Dreamliner next week but I received an email asking me to contact them as they were having to lease planes from Wavos due to the delay and wavos planes had poor entertainment. I was informed I could accept change or receive a full refund. I accepted a refund and got a refund in a week as they couldn’t guarantee that I would be seated in premium as wavos only had 10 premium seats as opposed to 35 on Norwegian. They informed me if I was downgraded I would receive a 75 per cent refund but I wasn’t prepared to take that risk so asked for refund.

I think they were very fair about it and a lot of airlines wouldn’t offer a refund and just expect you to accept change.

I have booked with them for next summer and am sure the Dreamliner issue will be sorted by then.
Sounds good service from them. We are flying premier with them inf feb to NYC. I hope the issue is sorted by then😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List