Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jul 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Oakmark
Excited about Disney

Virgin Reward Flights

Hi All

With regards to reward flights with Virgin anyone had any positive experiences with getting one?

Last time we went in 2017 I managed to bag us 5 return reward flights in Premium. I called the flying club today to see what impact recent changes may have had the guy did explain I might have more chance of finding a Unicorn.

We plan to go late July for 3 three weeks, do I stand any chance?

If not what are the other options?

Cheers
Mark
Oakmark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Oakmark View Post
Hi All

With regards to reward flights with Virgin anyone had any positive experiences with getting one?

Last time we went in 2017 I managed to bag us 5 return reward flights in Premium. I called the flying club today to see what impact recent changes may have had the guy did explain I might have more chance of finding a Unicorn.

We plan to go late July for 3 three weeks, do I stand any chance?

If not what are the other options?

Cheers
Mark
We just booked MAN-MCO 2 x UC return, 2 x UC out PE In, 3 x PE return all for 2 weeks in May 19 covering half-term, all in cost £3.2k and a shed load of miles and vouchers.

It's hard to tell what July will be like, but May had loads of availability. I've been checking August 18 for a few months and plenty of availability there too, but I guess that's as the flights are close to departure and not full yet.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
pk67
Proud to wear my Ears

I managed to get 4 Economy reward flights on Friday past. This was from Glasgow in November 2018. A work colleague also managed to get PE out of Manchester and Upper into Glasgow for next May.

I was delighted with my deal. Flight prices are currently £690 pp at the mo. Managed to get the 4 reward flights for 100k miles and £940 in total. Meant that 100k miles were worth around £1800 (a good bit more than the £576 in M+M)
pk67 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 18, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

There was a lot of availability in Apr/May, which surprised me, but not sure what other months will be like.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 05:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mchammer33
I want to go now!

I managed to get 4xPE out next May from Gatwick without any problems, trying to get a flight home however at the end of Half Term proved very difficult. I ended up settling for flying home a day earlier than planned, again PE. I've been checking this at least daily since in case more flights are released, as yet no luck.

From reading posts on here, I do wonder if it's easier from Manchester than Gatwick?
mchammer33 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Oakmark
Excited about Disney

Thanks all for the information.

Looks like the luck of the draw, which won't help the wife's stress levels.
Oakmark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Oakmark
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mchammer33 View Post
I managed to get 4xPE out next May from Gatwick without any problems, trying to get a flight home however at the end of Half Term proved very difficult. I ended up settling for flying home a day earlier than planned, again PE. I've been checking this at least daily since in case more flights are released, as yet no luck.

From reading posts on here, I do wonder if it's easier from Manchester than Gatwick?
Were the return flights reward seats?
Old 18 Jul 18, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
There are currently loads of Miles seats in Econ and PE out of LGW in late April and all of May bar a few dates.

I booked two 1 way Reward PE seats for ealy May and was going to do the same the day the return dates got launched.

As it turned out I cancelled the first leg and instead used 2 freebie flights they owed me. The ones that go really quick are the UC ones.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I looked a couple of months back for this summer (July and August) and there was reasonable availabiity LHR-MIA, particularly in economy. I wasn't looking to book for this year - just planning ahead for next summer.

I know it isn't what you asked, but we got flights LHR-JFK beginning of August this year (getting close now!). There was decent availability for that route. If the worst came to the worst could you get reward flights to NY and get internal cash flights to MCO? Just a thought.
Old 18 Jul 18, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Does anyone know if reward seats in Economy or PE are upgradable at a later date?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List