Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jul 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Carlmelia
Imagineer

Carlmelia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Reviews: 1
TUI PE - Aspire lounge @Manchester Airport T2 - is it that bad?

Hi,

We’ve booked to fly PE with TUI and understand the lounge we get to use at Manchester Airport is the Aspire Lounge. Reading reviews it gets a pretty bad name from no room, bad food, surly service and entire sections reserved for other airlines.

Is it really that bad?

Carl

Edited at 04:14 PM.
Carlmelia is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Carlmelia View Post
Hi,

We’ve booked to fly PE with TUI and understand the lounge we get to use at Manchester Airport is the Aspire Lounge. Reading reviews it gets a pretty bad name from no room, bad food, surly service and entire sections reserved for other airlines.

Is it really that bad?

Carl
When we flew Tui PE, we were bumped out of the lounge and had £15pp vouchers to use instead, this was because they had too many PE customers to fit them all in the lounge, I think there were 3 flights in a short space of time, I’d read the reviews and was happy to go to frankie and bennys instead x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Mobile

I have used it twice I think. First time was awful, second time (proving I don’t learn) was “less awful”
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Been twice, not liked it (2nd time hubby booked as a surprise! )
hardly any choice of food, the food runs out, not cleaned up enough (tables full of dirty crockery)
As for asking for wine from behinds the bar, I only drink 2 glasses with lemondade in with it so hardly 'caning it', but it was as if the cost was coming out of the barmaid's own pocket so sour was the face

Itwas very busy, so experiences might differ at different times of day I suppose, maybe we were unlucky...

We just go for food elsewhere now as it wasn't as relaxing an atmosphere as we had hoped for.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Carlmelia
Imagineer

Carlmelia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hmmm thanks all as I feared. We usually go in the Escape Lounge which is quite decent and have been in the v-room a couple of times.

Sounds like at other airports you go in the No1 Lounges which sound good but Manchester’s got the short straw by the look of it.

Oh well I’ll either book the Escape Lounge or hope the Aspire is full and TUI give us a voucher.
Carlmelia is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We last flew TUI PE in 2016 from Manchester T2 and we were in the Escape Lounge which looked to have recently been refitted as we were last in there 5 years previous. It was great.

I think it may depend on demand as I believe they don’t just use one lounge there so perhaps you’ll get it, perhaps not.

Dave

Edited at 08:43 PM.
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

We used it last June flying Tui pe and if all you want is WiFi, a bacon roll and a drink you’ll be fine.
It’s nothing special. Certainly wouldn’t pay for it. Kept DH and DS happy for a few hours until we boarded.
They ate bacon butties, yogurt and cereal bar. I had some fruit and coffee.

If you want something more substantial I’d go elsewhere.

Gets busy, and they turn people away when it’s full even if PE.
2013 A level celebrations Mum & daughter HRH/RPR/Rosen@Pointe
2008 All the family Regal Palms/HRH
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 03:10 AM  
Link to this Post
jellie
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, we flew premium with Tui last week, 26th June and were in the Escape lounge, much better than Aspire.
Tracey

Daytona Beach 1991, Loma Linda 1992, Westridge 1993, Buenaventura Lakes 1994, Loma Vista 1997, Sandy Ridge 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014,2016,2017
jellie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Not sure if its the same lounge but we used the PE one included with TUI or Thomson as they were back in 2015 and it was awful. Dirty tables, roasting and no air con, warm drinks, food selection rubbish and just felt like it was an after thought. Glad we hadn't paid directly for it. Pretty sure it was the Aspire one as definitely wasn't the Escape lounge which looks much better on photos online. We left after 10 minutes preferring the actual departure lounge.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List