Notices

Old 9 Jul 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Aah sounds like you've had some tricky times but dealt with them admirably I guess it’s difficult living with other people too at times.
There’s a whole foods market somewhere, not sure if you can get there easily but they do lots of nice salady things but I guess Publix do too
Old 9 Jul 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi young lady could you buy say the bread from amazon and get it delivered to you just a idea .
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

After a few days of US food we always end up at Sweet Tomatoes!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
emilou
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by PABBY View Post
I'm fortunate in that I get to speak to Charlotte every day and lovingly hear about all her trials & tribulations first hand (she loves a good moan amongst all the good stuff!). There's an amusing little story that happened recently that she somehow omitted above...

She's been getting a LOT of attention from Americans because of her broad Lancashire (Haslingden!) accent and has touched on this once or twice in her reports. Well, she was at work recently when a disabled guest in a wheelchair basically just asked her to talk to him (without reciprocating any conversation) because he loved how she spoke! BTW, she now does a wicked impersonation of various American accents!
aww this made me smile my DD is working at the Rose and Crown and people keep asking her if her accent is real! They also can't believe her name is Alice
Old 9 Jul 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

I worked in a shop for several years when I was in school and uni so I sympathise with your experiences. Remember "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" You must be doing a good job though!

What a shame about the food situation, I'm sure you'll soon get to know where you can get healthier food - I can't help you with that I'm afraid as I go all out with the local cuisine when in Florida, if it isn't rammed with calories, fat and sugar I don't eat it!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
How have I missed the start of this report? Goodness you're 3 weeks in! A shame you've had a stressful shift, but good to hear about the grape soda.

I'm off to read up on the previous days! Hope I can bump into you on Main Street next month.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Loving all your reports on what’s happening ‘from the other side’. It’s lovely to hear about you creating and receiving some magic.

Whole foods, Publix, sweet tomatoes for healthier food. If you’re on site (whilst not as cheap as a supermarket) then Epcot sunshine seasons and France for the next best thing to uk bread.
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Been waiting for this update... You sound like your having an amazing time despite some of the hiccups...

I'm the am as you with the food though ... after a few days 'junk food' loses its appeal!

We love Bob Evans ... They do nice salads ... Sweet tomatoes as others have mentioned and publix is good for fresh stuff even if it is a little more expensive than Walmart.

Being the crafty person you are could you out up signs on your doors or somewhere in your accommodation so that you all know who's working what and whether to be considerately quiet... Just a thought.

Look forward to hearing of more of your adventures and thank you for taking the time to do these

Xx Ff Xx
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Aww poor you with your rubbish shift and inconsiderate roommate. But you still managed some pixie dust too. I can’t help with your food issues other than echoing about fresh food from Publix.
Old 10 Jul 18, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyloverz
Imagineer

Disneyloverz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another vote for the “whole foods” supermarket, they seem to have the best choice of healthy foods I’ve seen in the US x
Many Happy Returns INDEX - May/June 2023
Disneyloverz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List