Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 11 Nov 18, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I guess it's a bit of a gamble, but if I didn't take the plunge and it went up then I would kick myself! Need to make a decision!
Mmm, my motto is always a bird in the hand etc etc.

I buy when I think the price suits me and I accept that sometimes I get it wrong. But even if I do I don't dwell on it and move on.

In your circumstances I would buy now.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree with Tom, when the deal suits me I go for it, it’s about me being happy with what I’ve got, not it being the best deal available.

It’s impossible to predict what will happen afterwards so not worthy of my thought time.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Out of interest, I'm assuming the incentives back then were the same as they are offering now? They have definitely increased since we enquired in September.
We paid $162 a point for 200 so looks like the same amount as in April
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
We paid $162 a point for 200 so looks like the same amount as in April
Same here for 250 in October, my personal feeling is that they'll keep repackaging this same offer - that's obviously been around a while - until CCV is sold out, then they'll start pre selling Riviera at >200 a point with some great presales offers until the initial excitement slows and then in will come the next offer after a little while of sales at full price so that the 'offer' is genuine.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the replies! We're definitely happy with the current price so it's possibly looking like we may have an early Christmas present
Old 12 Nov 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the replies! We're definitely happy with the current price so it's possibly looking like we may have an early Christmas present
Dec really good time to buy in as I was a little more than irked that buying in April meant we had 9 months of dues to pay for the first year( I must have missed this fact during the sales process). Buying in Dec will be 1 months dues, if any at all.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Dec really good time to buy in as I was a little more than irked that buying in April meant we had 9 months of dues to pay for the first year( I must have missed this fact during the sales process). Buying in Dec will be 1 months dues, if any at all.
I just wish the exchange rate was better, that's what's holding us back at the moment.
Old 14 Nov 18, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I just wish the exchange rate was better, that's what's holding us back at the moment.
Not going to get better this side of 2020 in my view.

However I hope I'm proved wrong!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

I saw a prediction that the £ would continue to drop over the next few years which made my mind up to buy in now if I can. I was lucky in that my latest deposit went through at 1.31 If this contract passes ROFR I need to start a rumour before I need to pay that an amazing brexit deal has been reached to increase the £ until I can make payment :-)
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I really hope it's not true. The £ is weak enough as it is at the moment. I guess time will tell...