Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Jan 18, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Feeling awful after rides

I find as I’m ageing my physical tolerance for roller-coasters isn’t what it was. I have no fear and still want to ride them, but the dizziness hits me so bad! I have given up with simulator rides now after almost puking on Jimmy Fallon! I don’t want to give up on the coasters though. We have a big holiday lined up for the summer where we will visit Cedar Point and I don’t want to feel whacked after my first coaster. Do any of you have the same problem? Have you found a way to combat it?
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Unfortunately no . Having finally been brave enough to do the rides I skip many of them because they make me feel so bad.. worst offenders being Simpsons and Minions and can only just cope with Transformers if I don't watch the screens (which sort of defeats the purpose ) Havn't done Jimmy Fallon yet and I'm a bit worried about it.

Only done the Hulk once and whilst I loved it, was willing it to finish as I was feeling very dodgy towards the end.

I've tried travel sickness tablets with varying degrees of success. This trip, I'm going to give seabands a go as several dibbers have recommended them.

Edited at 01:04 AM.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

My husband used to avoid the rides, as he felt awful afterwards.

He tried Stugeron tablets, and they worked brilliantly for him. He can go all the rides now, with no sickness/nausea at all.
Old 31 Jan 18, 01:28 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

I started getting nauseous on flights and as it got stronger I also started to feel sick on simulator rides. Although I'm not physically sick I feel awful and as if I could be and it lasts for hours.

Travel sickness pills are now my best friends. I use Sturgeon and have had no problems since. I take them an hour or so before I hit the parks and find it lasts all day, though you can take more later on.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

I feel horrible after simulation rides, but gave the travel sick pills and sea bands a go last year and they were a huge help. I still paced myself and split the rides evenly over the day as I could, and it was so much better.
Old 31 Jan 18, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Im the same! Ended up with a constant headache for the 2 days we were at Universal! Same as others though, i love the rides so want to still do them. I did sit out Simpsons thoigh as i knew that would have finished me off! Will take Stugeron next time, never thought about that!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

Ever since I can remember I've struggled with nausea on simulator rides, no problem with coasters though.

I started using Stugeron years ago, and it works every time.
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Im the same. I have to close my eyes on some of the rides. Im going to take some tablets for when we go in March.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Yes I used to love roller coasters but when I got to about 35 I discovered I can't go on them any more, I get headaches after them. I'm not so bad on simulator rides and we went to Universal a couple of weeks ago and they were fine. But my body definitely doesn't like upside down stuff now!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

I went to Thorpe Park a few months ago with DS, and after a few rides I couldn't do any more...

Hoping I'll be ok on simulators (although the last time on Mission:Space Orange team was a bit iffy), and hoping I'll be ok on the occasional coaster...