Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Jan 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Forbidden journey made me so ill I ended up spending most of the day in bed! Rides have never affected me like that before so will be sticking up on travel sickness tablets and sea bands when we next go.
lovemickey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I suffer on simulator rides ( I avoid them now) and anything that spins a lot ( I can manage Tea Cups if my girls don’t spin it).
I have started to struggle on Soace Mountain now. It’s a bit of a bone shaker and my brain doesn’t like being thrown around anymore.
Travel sickness tablets do help but I prefer to avoid now rather than take medication.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have never suffered until I went recently and I think because it was so empty we were literally walking straight on all the rides I felt horrendous. I took travel sickness tablets but they didn’t seem to work I am hoping the wrist bands do for next year.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
chewee
Very Serious Dibber

Thinking of trying bonine,might get some from eBay before I go because I get travel sick on flight and motion sick on rides,says one a day lasts 24 hours.
Old 31 Jan 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

For those who feel like this it maybe an idea to have your blood pressure checked.
my mum has low blood pressure and nearly passed out a few years ago on a local fair ride, she mentioned this to a dr who said her blood pressure may have been a cause.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Pigmyhippo
Earning More Ears

Another vote here for Stugeron - boots/stugeron-15-tablets

First time I went, I came off all the simulator rides feeling ill, even had to keep my eyes closed during some of them to stop me being sick. I took Stugeron last time I went, and did all the rides without feeling ill once.
2020 - July - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Pigmyhippo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 04:32 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

Oddly enough I’ve always been fine with everything but last year Flight of Passage made me feel a bit queasy. I put it down to the glasses not fitting well and nearly falling off several times. I had trouble focusing because of it. It may be galloping old age though...
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’m going to try Stugeron
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Some antihistamines are good for dizziness. There are a few but the one I remember that worked for me was diphenhydramine. In the US you can buy this as Benadryl - but the UK Benadryl has a different ingredient. The only way you can buy it over here is as Nytol. Speak to your GP about it.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Northtim
Excited about Disney

Teacups after my son span it super fast was the worst for me!

All other sims and coasters at Disney & Universal were fine, but those teacups
Northtim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List