Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jun 14, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I have no loyalty to anyone in particular I just go with the cheapest. Last and next holidays it's been Hertz as there was a glitch a while back when booking premium cars. Find them all much of a muchness, with Hertz generally slightly better than others I've used.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 14, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
PJB71
Imagineer

We use a company called floridatransport

They offer a service where they collect you from the airport & take you to your accommodation whilst stopping for a supermarket shop then next morning take you to the car rental garage to collect your vehicle. Then when coming home they meet you at your accommodation load all of your luggage into there vehicle, follow you to the rental garage to drop off the rental car then take you to the airport door

For us it takes all the stress out of the airport journey, finding your accommodation (usually in the dark) and means you don't have to endure the "airport hard sell" plus you only need a hire car for "bums on seats" not passengers plus luggage

There car hire prices usually can't be beaten and I can't recommend them enough
PJB71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 14, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
IronGate
Excited about Disney

I used Hertz through a work deal.
I would have gone with Alamo Brits.
IronGate is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 14, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Nordboy
Excited about Disney

I've booked this years car with rentalcars.com and am due to pick up in Miami with alamo.

They seemed to come out cheapest for a full size SUV with all the 'extra' stuff I needed.

Have no idea how good they are, never used them before, we shall see!
Nordboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 14, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We go on price first and foremost, then a familiar company and airport location.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 14, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by PJB71 View Post
We use a company called

They offer a service where they collect you from the airport & take you to your accommodation whilst stopping for a supermarket shop then next morning take you to the car rental garage to collect your vehicle. Then when coming home they meet you at your accommodation load all of your luggage into there vehicle, follow you to the rental garage to drop off the rental car then take you to the airport door

For us it takes all the stress out of the airport journey, finding your accommodation (usually in the dark) and means you don't have to endure the "airport hard sell" plus you only need a hire car for "bums on seats" not passengers plus luggage

There car hire prices usually can't be beaten and I can't recommend them enough
i like the sound of this,
thanks i will price them up.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 14, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Johnny Sparrow
Excited about Disney

I've gone with Alamo Brits, I'm a stickler for getting the best price and they've come up trumps for me.
Johnny Sparrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 14, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

We use Alamo Brits, which include fully inclusive insurance and extra free drivers. Also like the fact that you can cancel without charge if the price goes down and re-book at the cheaper price, which is what we did last year .
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 14, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Glen
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you for all your replies I really appreciate it. looks like I have a bit of work to do.

Glen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 14, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

alamo.co.uk/brits is consistently one of the cheapest when i search, plus free additional drivers...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread