Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Apr 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Balance due today

Our balance for our disney hotel via charter travel is due today.
They will only accept bank transfers. I really do not want to pay out another £6k when its mote than likely to be cancelled.
We have already paid flights in full with virgin. So we will have alot of money tied up on a holiday that is doubtful.
I feel concerned paying CT as they ate not getting a good rap at the moment
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Is only accepting bank transfers a new policy of theirs?

I may be wrong but I think I last heard of such a move with another travel co in the past. Was it Thomas CooK?

If you dont pay and they cancel, how much do you stand to lose? deposit only?
Just weigh up the pro's and con's and losing the deposit versus losing the extra £6k.

You may have to 'write off' your deposit depending on how much you paid?

I see you paid flights with virgin.Assume that was direct with them? In which case, DONT cancel the flights. Wait to see if you can actually fly and if not and fco advises against, you may have an insurance claim or if virgin cancel, you'll get a voucher or refund.

good luck

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Our balance was due today for our holiday in July. Virgin phoned me this afternoon but I’ve had to cancel as I’m not sure what’s going to happen regarding our jobs 😢.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
Our balance was due today for our holiday in July. Virgin phoned me this afternoon but I’ve had to cancel as I’m not sure what’s going to happen regarding our jobs 😢.
My daughter has a Virgin holiday booking with Virgin they decided not to pay the balance and have tried to get through to Virgin without success. If they check the booking three weeks after balance due it is still an active booking!
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy Helen
Getting Excited

Mobile

We cancelled ours and lost the deposit, too much money in balance to pay and risk for us.
Fairy Helen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

The thing is if we cancel our booking with CT and the flights do go ahead we wont have any accommodation.
So it looks like we will have to pay it.
We can not get our flight money back unless no flights are allowed.
Its one big headache
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy Helen
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
The thing is if we cancel our booking with CT and the flights do go ahead we wont have any accommodation.
Its one big headache
I see, it’s so awful being stuck like that, I feel for you. Can you move the flights? Or would you lose the money for those?
That was why we cancelled everything was booked together for us but we were worried about flights going and everything still being restricted.
Fairy Helen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

How long are you going for?

Theres usually always hotel accommodation available in orlando but you need to be flexible. Was it an onsite booking? Would you consider a split stay in 2 or 3 hotels if the worst came to the worst?

I know exactly how you feel as i am in the same boat. I'm moving my dates to next year but theres a strong probability i wont get my DVC for the dates I want, so may have to go for less days in a larger room. Ihave had to accept the loss of €2k flights as i cannot see me getting anything back for those (maybe taxes)

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’re in exactly the same position as you apart from we’ve booked a dibb villa. Our flights are booked and paid for in full with virgin but our villa balance is due this weekend.

I’m waiting to hear back from my insurance company but I’m still unsure if I want to pay for a villa that I’m almost sure I won’t be able to use. The only downside with not paying is if travel is then allowed we’ll need to find new accommodation. I’m sure we’d manage to find somewhere though.

Good luck with what ever you decide.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Its one big headache
there is always spare accommodation in Orlando.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List