Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 27 Aug 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Atlantis / Nassau

Has anyone been?

The prices are eye watering so wondered if anyone can give feedback?
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I've been and its a pretty hotel with lots of stuff to do but I wouldn't rush back in all honesty. I didn't do the Dolphin excursion just the beach
Old 27 Aug 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

did you do the waterpark? I'm a bit unclear on what it is in all honesty?

Do you have any recommendations for Nassau? My hubby and kids definitely want to get off the ship?
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Campinggirl View Post
did you do the waterpark? I'm a bit unclear on what it is in all honesty?

Do you have any recommendations for Nassau? My hubby and kids definitely want to get off the ship?
I didn't do the waterpark I just did the beach one - disneycruise.disney.go/p...over-atlantis/
You got to look around the aquarium which was cool and bits of the hotel as well as a nice beach. Still probably a bit expensive though compared to what it included in my opinion and I am not doing this in September when I visit on the Dream. They do a non-beach version as well but again not sure if the cost is worth it really. Its a great aquarium and a stunning hotel disneycruise.disney.go/p...over-atlantis/

For Nassau, I actually didn't really like the port area. There was a market a little way down but found there were a lot of people trying to sell you things as you are walking along and I didn't find that very comfortable especially as travelling on my own.

I've heard great things about Blue Lagoon and debated booking a beach day here for September but decided to just stay on the ship instead. disneycruise.disney.go/p...each-half-day/
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

We stayed at the Atlantis hotel when it was first built. Loved the hotel and aquarium but not sure I would pay for a day trip.
Blue lagoon used to be lovely. The seal encounter was good fun and was well run with all the seals having been rescued. This was a few years ago so not sure what it’s like now.
We don’t like Nassau port area either ands it’s a day on the ship for us
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

I've been looking on trip advisor and I'm tempted by the Bike Tour as both kids are old enough and it is not too expensive.

I'd be happy to stay on the boat but I'm outnumbered.

I suggested my eldest look at You Tube of Atlantis and he said he wasn't that bothered. Well that's £££££ saved!

Thanks for the help.
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

The water park at Atlantis is good. We have done that a few times. It's a lovely hotel too. It is eye wateringly expensive but at the time our son was a waterpark fanatic and he had a ball on the slides all day so for us it was worth it.
We have also done the chocolate factory excursion which was fun-and quite short so if you just want to do something and not be off the ship for long that might be worth looking at. (Oh and the chocolate was lovely) we made our own bars and brought them home.
People do talk about the pirate museum which is opposite the chocolate factory and would be easy enough to get to by taxi. We haven't been though but other may have more details.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Apparently, the aquarium is free after 6pm? This is what our taxi driver told us. We were unable to visit as our ship left at 4.30pm.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
shearwood
Excited about Disney

we got a day pass for the british colonial hotel about 5 mins wallk away from the port
shearwood is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
CC71
Apprentice Imagineer

CC71's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Second the suggestion of Blue Lagoon, we did this with our NCL cruise in 2017 and had a great day there. Crystal clear water and a pristine beach, plus dolphin encounters and other activities if you wish. We just enjoyed the island and the water, lunch was included and that was quite good too.

Edited at 02:43 PM.
CC71 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List