Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Apr 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve a feeling that WL shares buses with the Contemporary, and GF and Polynesian share. Beware when getting a bus back from Disney Springs - many guests (especially youth groups!) catch a bus to the Contemporary (the WL and Contemporary one) so they can walk to the Magic Kingdom and the bus can quickly resemble a sardine can.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We’ve never stayed at WL but we did visit at Christmas to eat at Storybook Dining at Artists Point. The resort was stunning.

We were at the contemporary and got the boat back and forward and had no issue.

It might have been disney springs when we shared buses with WL, wherever it was it was not a big deal.

I’d stick with WL, if it’s been a dream to stay there at Christmas I doubt you’ll be disappointed. For us our dream hotel for our Christmas trip was the contemporary, I read lots of negative things before we went ( as you do of any Disney resort with the sheer amount of visitors) but we had the most magical trip.

Edited at 11:35 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve just got back from our trip and stayed 1 night at WL - absolutely beautiful hotel! We didn’t want to come home. stayed 10 nights at AKL and we couldn’t decide which one was our favourite. WL is fabulous and you won’t regret staying there. I can’t praise it enough, we are planning on staying 2 weeks next year, if Disney release the rooms for our dates
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 03:31 AM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are staying at the WL in aug and I’ve been following FB and other forum threads avidly. From what I understand the resort only shares a bus with fort wilderness unless a very quiet time of day and the boats are scheduled every 15 mins. Surely the bus stops several times in Cbr anyway so what is the difference? The rooms are slightly out dated but still in good repair and the refurbishment in imminent. I’ve watched several recent room tours on you tube and they still look lovely just maybe a bit lacking in USB ports but I can sort that!
I know I’d much rather stay in a more compact resort with interior walkways and a balcony if I was a solo traveller.
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I own here and have never experienced any problems with the boats or buses. I would stick if it we’re me. It’s a lovely resort and it feels so separated from the chaos of Disney even though MK is on your doorstep. Go, you’ll have a fab time 😊
Old 29 Apr 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you all for such helpful posts and the lovely pictures - you’ve definitely reassured me

Good tip about the buses mainly being shared for Disney Springs. I think I’ll give them a go and then if horrendously busy I’ll stick to Uber when going to Disney Springs.

I think I’d just read negative comments and panicked. After all, Disney deluxe resorts aren’t cheap and I’d hate to spend all the money and be in my room thinking it’s horrible.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Most of the resorts either share a bus or have multiple stops. As Clare says the Epcot resort bus service goes to 5 resorts...
We’ve always made it work although for some reason Disney Springs is worse than anywhere to get to on a bus. That seems universal for all resorts.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Most of the resorts either share a bus or have multiple stops. As Clare says the Epcot resort bus service goes to 5 resorts...
We’ve always made it work although for some reason Disney Springs is worse than anywhere to get to on a bus. That seems universal for all resorts.
I’ve experience this before with beach club and it was never particularly bad.. even for Disney Springs so hopefully WL won’t be a problem
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List