Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Jun 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Florida's water can ruin the taste of most things, I reckon the better places use some sort of purified water for coffee
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Just as an aside. I used to struggle with milky coffee even though I liked them, they didn't like me. My friend said to ask for them skinny skimmed milk) and that helps a lot!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
As an aside I detest Starbucks etc. Best coffee is from Denny's!
Ha. I find that Denny’s serves the best filter coffee but Starbucks serves the best milky coffee (latte, cappuccino, etc).

I do like Denny’s coffee and it is much better than the standard filter coffee here in the UK. In fact, the filter coffee in most places in Orlando is pretty good.

To the OP, generally if you just ask for coffee then you’ll get black filter coffee and you can add creamer or milk to this.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:25 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Starbucks coffee misto for me! I find it more refreshing.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
Starbucks coffee misto for me! I find it more refreshing.
Ditto, always try to find a Starbucks and go for an Americano
Lindfields Villa - November 1998
Terra Verde Villa - June 2019
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
Go to Dunkin Donuts, get coffee, thank me later

(you should really try a Dunkaccino, even if it's luscious milkiness will make you ill - its worth it!)
Ooh what is a Dunkaccino? Sounds like something i need to try
Old 15 Jun 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

In the US in general just ask for a coffee. It is usual to add half and half (1/2 milk, 1/2 cream), non dairy creamer (like Coffeemate) or actual cream rather than milk. Unless you are somewhere like Starbucks it will be filter coffee and asking for am Americano doesn't make sense. That is espresso coffee with extra hot water and most places won't even have it. Many of the cappuccinos here are pretty disappointing in my experience as alot use the automatic machines.
Old 16 Jun 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
Starbucks will do a dairy free milk if you ask.
Old 16 Jun 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

As an American, I ask for coffee where ever I am and get regular run of the mill black coffee. Occasionally, I ask for with cream but prefer to put my own cream or milk in.

If you ask for "Regular coffee" it has cream and sugar. If you don't want a sweet taste, skip the hazelnuts, mochas, etc. I will often drive through McD's in the morning for a coffee. For $1./cup you get any size coffee (at least local to me) and I find it is decent coffee and fresh. Coffee that is old and has been sitting in a pot, is disgusting. If you see them pick up a pot with almost no coffee, ask if you can wait for a new pot. Coffee is a morning drink so coffee in the evening, especially from a shop, is often stale.

LIke Mr. T, I am not a fan of Starbucks and have yet to fugure out the menu. At least if you drive through Dunkins, all you have to ask for is coffee.

My two younger kids like Starbucks where I tell them they get a cup of sugar with a splash of coffee. Before you down too many lattes and fappicinnos (sp), check out the calorie count. They seriously have more sugar than coffee.

Also many hotel coffee makers have not been cleaned in ages so your coffee may taste off. I use a Keurig (gift from my kids) and found it took some adjusting to get used to the coffee-stength and taste of the different pods.

And if you are near the Mara at ALK, they have an Affican blend that I really enjoyed.

ETA: Donna, I am 67 years old and have never ordered an "Americano". If is one of those things that confuses me. I grew up in the day when coffee was coffee. Yesterday at Starbucks in Barnes and Noble,I got an iced tea. Plain and unsweetened (I make sure ask for this as I don't like sweet tea.)

Edited at 04:38 PM.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I love strong coffee and my usual order is a flat white. I tried that in Starbucks in WDW and... ewww... never again. It was way too big and not strong enough and foamy, like a confused latte.
Like others, I stick to “coffee” and add cream/milk/ whatever the white stuff on the table is!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List