Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
QuickSilver
Unread 28 Mar 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ParisinMarch View Post
Whaaaat?! This seems like such a bad decision. The food at Inventions is good but surely it's the characters that most are there for? Otherwise you may as well be at Plaza Gardens for half the price!
i agree - I just can't see the majority of people paying premium price for a buffet without characters.

I was going to add to our plus vouchers for a character dinner there on our first night, but looks like I won't be doing that, and the only other character dining experience we'd be interested in is Plaza gardens breakfast. But thats pretty expensive for what it is too, and I can't use any dining vouchers for that. Its all a bit meh now isn't it?
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I'll be there for my birthday!
Unread 28 Mar 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
That is a dreadful decision! The food at Inventions is superb but not worth the price they are charging if there are no characters. And with Cafe Mickey closing that would mean no character meals in the evening at all. I really can't believe that is the case.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for lions, jungles and food, oh my!
Unread 28 Mar 17, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

What exactly are DLP playing at? Seriously thinking of cancelling my meal plan
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Til our second
Unread 28 Mar 17, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SnS
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Seriously? I suspect that is incorrect. I haven't seen that change mentioned on any fan sites or forums.
I would absolutely love to be wrong on this occasion! I couldn't find any references to it here on anywhere else either so I thought I must be reading it wrong hence why I called.

I then asked if we can get a refund on our premium half board meal plan as they are now not offering what I originally booked for and I can't even get a full refund! 😕 When I originally booked she said we could do character dinners every night if we wanted to!

It seems like a really stupid thing to do IMO... That means less time in the actual park as it would be spent doing a proper sit down lunch.

Edited at 08:03 PM.
SnS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 17, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
stocst
Excited about Disney

I have been checking other sites and cannot find it confirmed anywhere.

I appears that you can not book dinner as part of your package, though you can book lunch and brunch. You can only book dinner 60 days before arrival.

But nothing about characters leaving Inventions, only Caf Mickey.
stocst is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time in Florida
Unread 28 Mar 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

In the brochure in the dining section of the Disneyland Hotel description it says

"Inventions: elegant international buffet restaurant in the company of Disney Characters at lunch and dinner"

(The bold is mine).
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second solo trip to WDW - Beach Club :)
Unread 28 Mar 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
In the brochure in the dining section of the Disneyland Hotel description it says

"Inventions: elegant international buffet restaurant in the company of Disney Characters at lunch and dinner"

(The bold is mine).
yep - and then the brochure contradicts itself on page 53 in the "dine with disney characters" paragraph, where it makes no mention of dinner at all, only character lunch at Inventions.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I'll be there for my birthday!
Unread 28 Mar 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yep-this pic is off the website
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Til our second
ResalesDVC