Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Florida Tix
Unread 18 Apr 17, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ted74 View Post
Thanks for the responses. The lady did give me the form to fill in, but I was pushed for time, one daughter in tow who didn't look too thrilled to be hanging around in there, so just pushed it back across the counter and said forget it. That was the reason for the thread. I had reasoned that if the lady had already spent 5 mins calling this head of characters and had no joy, then what would a paper based complaint achieve?

I thought her suggestion of a quick remedy was spot on, the kids would love to see Mickey.

In fact the meet and greet was right outside Mickey's meet and greet which showed a 50 mins wait, so we declined and went for the quicker Alice one. That sums it up, we waited over 50 mins, but not at any point did the attendant say "hmm think this could be a long one" in fact it was the opposite, we asked and were given misinformation. It maybe asking a lot but I do think those attendants need to try and manage expectation where there isn't a board showing wait times. The whole point of those boards so people can make a judgement. I don't begrudge those with medical conditions getting faster access at all, I think it's a great part of what Disney do, but something wasn't right on this occasion - there were far too many.

I am really surprised by the amount of repeat visitors, there are some undoubted highs to be had during your visit, and I'm ok with accepting there is a fair amount of queues to negotiate, but what I've seen in a fair few instances over the last 3 days are things can should be done better.

I think people tend to forget the bad stuff when they return, which is good really, but in terms of advising people coming for the first time, I think it's fair they get a really honest account of how bad the experience can and will be.
I just wanted to reply on your last couple of paragraphs OP. I have friends who visited DLP (their only time) over Halloween week a few years ago, when the parks were crazy busy and obviously queue lines etc reflected that. They didn't enjoy it and won't go back - and I totally understand that. They didn't feel the magic.
As an adult, I recall one visit in March before an anniversary year when the castle and pirate ship were covered in hoarding and tarpaulin, half of fantasyland was out of commission as they were re-laying the flooring there, and the parade route was cut by over half because of it too. If that had been my first visit to DLP, it would probably have been my last (although my girls, similar ages then to your girls now, didn't notice any of that and had a fabulous time).
I'll be honest - you didn't choose a great first time to go. Weekends are crazy at DLP, and I try to avoid them. French school holidays always make the parks busier too.

Your experiences are your experiences, they will affect how you feel about your trip, as they should. Not everyone who goes to DLP feels a repeat pull to return (although you're right, a lot of us do).
sammykitten is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I'll be there for my birthday!
Unread 18 Apr 17, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

We had an issue a few years ago. It was our 5th visit so was shocked by the CMs attitude. I did the same as you and was annoyed with myself for not pushing it further. But I did go back later and drop Thank you's for CMs who did make our day and did fill in the form to complain . City Hall said they couldn't do much as it was a day later but I was happier I did it.

My son has used a disability card when we have gone in the past and there was always a limit on how many there were for meet n greets. The idea of the card is to help not completely take over the holiday. So I am annoyed for you. DS now queues and we see it ... manipulated... a lot at the Merlin parks. Winds me up! And it gives everyone else a bad impression of those who do need the card.
I am really hoping you can add some good memories to your holiday.
Tubbsy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Til our second
Unread 18 Apr 17, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Ted74
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

A few posters seem to have missed the point, a bit like Disney!

Yes, we knew it would be busy and we've planned and looked for opportunities accordingly.

The 50 mins to see Mickey we turned down and instead saw the small queue at 1:05pm for the 1:15 Alice meet and went for it.

Can anyone honestly say they would see a queue of 7 or 8 families taking 55 mins to get to the front and then not be slightly annoyed if the characters then disappeared?

The attitude of Disney does seem to be "its busy, get on with it" when I believe for a brand of that nature they should be looking to exceed expectations and look for the small things that help customers out during what will be a tougher trip with the crowds. I've witnessed a lot of the "cast members" just doing a 6/10 bang average job. You certainly notice the ones going the extra mile, interacting with the kids when in queues, looking to fill small gaps on rides to get the queues through asap... but not everyone is doing that.
Ted74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 17, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

We had this issue at Christmas. We waited an hour before the meeting and greeting opened as we wanted the picture with mickey and Minnie together. We were the 6th family in the queue. It took us 1hr 30 mins to see the characters. So many families had those medical cards at least 20. It ruined my experience.

I have no issue with people who need assistance getting it but it needs to be better managed
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Tokyo DisneySea again...
Unread 18 Apr 17, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ted74 View Post
A few posters seem to have missed the point, a bit like Disney!

Yes, we knew it would be busy and we've planned and looked for opportunities accordingly.

The 50 mins to see Mickey we turned down and instead saw the small queue at 1:05pm for the 1:15 Alice meet and went for it.

Can anyone honestly say they would see a queue of 7 or 8 families taking 55 mins to get to the front and then not be slightly annoyed if the characters then disappeared?

The attitude of Disney does seem to be "its busy, get on with it" when I believe for a brand of that nature they should be looking to exceed expectations and look for the small things that help customers out during what will be a tougher trip with the crowds. I've witnessed a lot of the "cast members" just doing a 6/10 bang average job. You certainly notice the ones going the extra mile, interacting with the kids when in queues, looking to fill small gaps on rides to get the queues through asap... but not everyone is doing that.
Definitely. It's not a cheap holiday.
We are expected to believe in a brand and when a CM - or in your case quite a few CMs do not meet that, then you don't expect a senior CM just to brush off what you are saying. They're not even reaching the 6 out of 10.
Tubbsy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Til our second
Unread 18 Apr 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
We had this issue at Christmas. We waited an hour before the meeting and greeting opened as we wanted the picture with mickey and Minnie together. We were the 6th family in the queue. It took us 1hr 30 mins to see the characters. So many families had those medical cards at least 20. It ruined my experience.

I have no issue with people who need assistance getting it but it needs to be better managed
Chessington are beginning to get it right I think. Mbe Disney could talk to them
Til our second
Unread 18 Apr 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

As a previous poster says, I was sure they have to limit the number of DAS per meet, or alternate them, or that's unfair if the main queue is at a stand still for 50 minutes.

I would return and fill out the form and I'd also ask for the policy on accepting the number of DAS cards when there's a huge queue. Clearly those cards are great but there needs to be a balance.

Can't say I've ever noticed it in visiting over 10 years but then the way meets have changed over the last few years to a more orderly queue. It was a scrum for many years for quite a few of the meets!

Edited at 11:20 AM.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our bonne vacances...
Unread 18 Apr 17, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh yes! D'd got smacked by a woman in the face trying to push past to see Jack Sparrow!
That was 7 years ago.and I have a photo somewhere of some random persons hand patting Pooh Bear on the head when my son was meeting him.

Still, OK has a point. There's obviously CMs out there who really do not have that special pixie dust.
Will it change when/if TWDC buy up the shares I wonder
Til our second
Florida Escapes